Experiences with getting 4th and more FPP at MK on low crowd day?

Hi all. I’ve read a number of posts here and on other blogs about getting 4th FPP and beyond by modifying FPP and continually moving them up so as to snag more same-day FPP. I.e., scheduling FPP for 9, 11 and 12, using 9 right away, bumping the 11 am up to 9:15, etc., and continuing to modify so that the first three are used very quickly and you get to 4th and more early on.

This sounds great in theory, but I was wondering about people’s practical experience with it, on a lower CL day (say CL 3 or 4)? Have many of you had good experience with this–i.e., being able to modify relatively desirable FPP to move them up (for example, bumping up BTMRR from 11 am to 9:30 am) and then getting decent ones as 4th, 5th, 6th when snagged by late morning or early pm?

I have had very good luck at modifying and adding. When I am there we are usually only a party of 2 so if you have more than that not sure how your experience will be. Not easy getting the hard to get ones like FOP, NRJ, FEA, 7DMT, Etc. but others are pretty readily available for the 4th and beyond.

1 Like

Our MK CL last fall were 4-6 range. I had good luck modifying and getting additional fastpasses. It does require you to be on your phone, so bring an external charger.

2 Likes

Party of 2 used 7 FPP starting at 130 on CL6/7 in May using these tricks (original FPP for Buzz, SDMT, and BTMRR at approx 1230, 145, 245).

Last spring break, our party of 6 used at least 9 (maybe more) on CL8/9 day. We did about 32 attractions that day at MK–EMH at 8, FPP for 1000, 1100, 1200. I didn’t modify my initial FPP for earlier times as we tapped at 1100, 1115, and then had lunch and then went straight to FPP #3. But after that we got FPP after FPP for the rest of the day. A couple times I split the party into 3 and 3 and got overlapping times or different FPP b/c some of our party didn’t want to do the mountains. We had done all our must dos over the course of MK day 1/morning of MK day 2 and then just played the FPP lottery for the afternoon/early evening. YMMV if you have specific things you want to do.

2 Likes

Thanks, this input is all very helpful! Were you able to get space Mountain as a fourth?

I’ve had great luck modifying FPPs. I was even able to modify 7DMT over spring break (it was just 3 people though).

1 Like

I have seen it as a 4th but it was for a later time in the day. I didn’t keep count of the number of same day FP is got but in 6 visits to MK since October, I’ve ridden very few attractions stand-by. I almost always have FP. My family asks why anyone would ever wait in the SB line when there are plenty of FP.

1 Like

Im pretty sure last June we used 18 FP+ that day using this technique…

2 Likes

Thanks for all the helpful feedback! At least I know this is not mere theory or WDW urban legend. I will be giving it a try in October.

On a busy summer day, with a 5 hour break and leaving at 8.30pm, not doing any modifying at all, we used 9 and could have had more but spent time just hanging out.

1 Like

I am going to see if I can do this on my trip in Sept. I just have some of the bigger attractions planned for later in the day right now, so not sure if I can risk it. We will see how brave I am LOL

What do people think about MK on a (current) CL of 1, being able to modify 7DMT for one person to earlier in the day if I am trying around 10AM?

7DMT is one that I’ve never found as a day of. Others might have. I always book it as one of my initial 3 FP.

1 Like

I was told by a cast member that they don’t offer 7DMT day of

I have actually snagged same day 7DMT FPPs on at least two occasions. Both times it was just for two people though.

3 Likes

Really, that is good to know. I will have to try next time I am there.

1 Like

Refresh, refresh, refresh. It is amazing to see what will pop up if you just keep refreshing the app. I’ve personally have never seen FOP show up but others have.

1 Like

No problem getting extra FPP for party of 4 on Easter Sunday after our 3rd FPP tap in at 1:15. (Don’t judge, Splash Mountain standby line got us and we were at the very end of our window for FP for BTMRR). We could have easily gotten more later on in the evening. Just book whatever you can and then keep modifying for a better time. I modified Barnstormer within 5 minutes of our Dumbo ride after tapping in at Dumbo and waiting to get on. Just make your first FPP for your headliners then the rest of usually easy to get throughout the day/evening. You have to be willing to use your phone though.

1 Like

We were there last week on CL 8-10 days and got 1-4 extra FP’s every day for 4 people. Usually just the less popular rides like Dumbo, magic carpets, Jungle cruise at MK, but we got RnR at HS, Dinosaur at AK, Spaceship earth, turtle talk &LwtL at Epcot. On a CL day at MK we even got 7DMT as a 4th one day. It’s such a great strategy!

1 Like

Just came back from a week in the World, and we had great success with getting 4+ FP in all the parks.

Make the 4th, modify modify modify and you’ll be surprised what will pop up. Grab your next just after you tap in and repeat.

Best grab we got was a same day Frozen in Epcot for 5 people!

1 Like