Every Mile will be Worth our While - A Trip Report?

Donut diorama

28 Likes

I spy a donut palapa!

15 Likes

Well spotted!

7 Likes

That pic really makes me want to go all the way to Universal just for donuts.

8 Likes

Same

4 Likes

You just need to come down I-85 to get donuts at Sunny’s. They have the best donuts anywhere.

3 Likes

Or come out west! DD22 stopped for Voo Doo Donuts in Portland OR on her way home from California.

6 Likes

Where???

1 Like

This! Voo Doo is good but the west in general has better donuts. I can’t find any I love since moving from AZ to FL!

4 Likes

VooDoo is fun as a novelty experience (I’ve been in Austin and Portland, never Orlando), but the line is aways so long and I don’t find them worth the wait. The mom and pop shops in small towns always have my favorite donuts.

5 Likes

You’re in NC, right?! Try this one:

And didn’t Duck Donuts originate in your state? There’s gotta be one not too far away for you.

Britts is ridiculous for classic donuts but Duck does a pretty decent facsimile of the voodoo approach.

3 Likes

Day 2 - back to IOA
So my 0715 start became something like 0745
All good.
Lining up for Hagrids 0810

13 Likes

And yes last night’s donuts for breakfast were stellar

8 Likes

Enjoy! Hagrids is my absolute favorite ride of ANY theme park!

3 Likes

Are they near DL? You know I’ll be there in November.

1 Like

My favorite place locally is a very nondescript shop next to a mechanic shop called MJ Donuts. Nothing crazy or specialty about them, but they are to die for. Especially the apple fritters.

4 Likes

Yeah we have a couple near here. Never get to Carolina Beach, but I’ll put it on the list if we do.

1 Like

Speaking of donuts… Dunkin has a new drink flavor: Butter pecan Iced Coffee; tastes like Butterbeer

2 Likes

It was spectacular!
60 wait (TP nailed it) v 75 posted

9 Likes

Mandatory butterbeer break

35 Likes