Ever have your tickets from Undercover Tourist get lost in the mail?

Ordered tickets on the 24th and tracking showed them at my local post office on the 27th and then “Out for Delivery”. The last entry is for the 28th that says “waiting for delivery scan”. I met the carrier at the mailbox on Saturday (29th) and asked him if he had anything for me to sign and he gave me a confused look and said no. I contacted the post office today and after she pulled it up and determined where in the building it should be, she left and came back and said she couldn’t find the package and that my mail carrier was not there today so she’d follow up with me tomorrow.

For those of you who have ordered from Undercover Tourist before, is their packaging obvious (logos everywhere) or plain? Just wondering if this mail carrier might have helped himself to my tickets.

Very generic, plain cardboard envelope (like the kind used to send photos).

1 Like

No. I’ve used them three times I believe. Maybe four.

It sounds like you need to call UT and let them know what happened now… you gave the postal service enough time to deliver the package.

I did contact UT before the Post Office. They referred me to the PO. I’ll update tomorrow once the PO calls me with their update, but it being a plain package makes me feel better that it probably wasn’t malicious…

3 Likes

Yes, UT packaging is very plain. I hope it all works out… please keep us posted.

1 Like

I ordered 9 tickets from UT in December for our upcoming March 2020 trip. I had the tickets delivered to my Mom’s rural address as she wanted to include them in the grandkids’ x-mas presents. Long story short, the rural FedEx delivery service couldn’t find my Mom’s mailbox. They sent them back to UT as “undeliverable”. UT called me when they were returned, I requested delivery again. FedEx again failed and they were returned to UT. When UT called that time I had them delivered to my house and they were delivered without issue. The tickets made a lot of trips across the US (Florida to Nevada). Through it all UT was extremely helpful. I highly recommend them.

1 Like

Update-ish: I feel like I am getting the runaround from the PO. Yesterday, she told me their regular guy wasn’t in and she’d talk to him today. Today, she talked to him and he “claims” someone else delivered to our house that day, and by the way, that guy is not here today and she’ll have to ask him tomorrow. I mentioned that the package needed to be signed for and she acknowledged that and said “they didn’t even scan it like they are supposed to”. If the guy says he doesn’t know anything about it tomorrow, I have to file a claim with USPS. To be continued…

I placed a few orders from UCT recently and never had to sign for them. They arrived in a white bubble envelope with UCT on the return address as the only indication of what it was. They were just left with my regular mail.

Good luck, I hope they find the package soon and that your FP day isn’t too soon!

I decided I might as well file a claim with USPS and not wait for another excuse tomorrow. Already got a response from someone at the local PO (not the person I have been talking to), so we’ll see if I get any traction. If this all turns out to be a simple mistake, I’ll gladly eat crow. I am just freaking out that there are $4k+ in park tickets floating around right now. I guess it’s a good thing that we aren’t going until August!

1 Like

Sending all that money worth of tickets through snail mail scares me. I bought 4 party tickets and 4 7-day tickets last year. I just took email deliver. They arrived within 30 minutes of me paying. I had no issues linking them in MDE.

1 Like

I’ve used UT for Disney and Universal tickets and always just chose the digital option. You get the email a couple minutes after ordering and can add them to MDE with no issue.

The only reason I chose the mail option was because they have a 90 day return policy. Two of the tickets are for my parents, who are in their 70s. Just wanted to know that if something were to happen in the next three months that we could return them. It’s kind of backfiring at this point. I’ll be calling the PO again in the next hour if I haven’t heard from them.

2 Likes

That’s why I had mine mailed also, there is too much uncertainty right now and I wanted the option to return if necessary. And, having an actual card is nice in case of a lost magic band, no need to immediately rush to guest services to get a card.

2 Likes

With actual tickets, you do need to take a picture of the back of your tickets. They can get dropped in the shuffle, too.

Called the PO and their story is now they “think” the substitute carrier delivered them to the wrong address. There ARE two other houses in my neighborhood with the same house number (three cul de sacs in a row), so that IS a possibility. They are sending a carrier to the houses to inquire with the owners. I already beat them to one of them as I looked up the owners and discovered we have a mutual friend. She reached out and they said they didn’t get the package. I’ll be stopping by the other neighbor on my way home if they haven’t surfaced yet. I have received their mail in the past and always walk it over - I would hope they would do the same.

3 Likes

Turns out there are a total of four addresses in my neighborhood with my same house number. I contacted all of the others yesterday and none said they had the package. I never got a call back from the PO so I went there this morning and talked with the supervisor. The substitute carrier was there and after she went back to talk to him, she came back and said he was not cooperating and she was going to have to call the union to start an investigation. Good times! In the meantime, I have emailed UT to find out what the process is to cancel our tickets and get new ones issued.

3 Likes

Following along and this is hideous. I’m so sorry.

3 Likes

This is disgraceful!

2 Likes