Ever Feel …

… Like your trip is too far away and all of a sudden it starts coming too fast? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I am not caught up on how Genie/Genie+ works. While I understand the overall concept, I haven’t practiced and looked around the app.

Haven’t practiced securing a BG. (Tried once at the park for and failed. Have never practiced at home.)

Slowly reading the BG thread and discovered my cell phone clock isn’t the right time. (Slight progress.) :grimacing:

Expecting/hoping to ride RAT … for free!
(You know what I mean …)

Three weeks out and feeling unprepared.
Gah! I am still trying to pull together ADRs. :crazy_face:

(first world problems) :blush:

21 Likes

If it makes you feel any better…I leave tomorrow and feel the exact same about all the things you just mentioned :grimacing: :grimacing: - I have never felt so unprepared for a trip.

7 Likes

It does … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I hope you’re doing a TR so I can copy off your notes. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m almost 6 months out still but it still feels weird to be doing basically nothing because there’s almost no chance the information today will stay the same until April.

10 Likes

Thats why I did no prep. Everything was such a moving target that it didn’t feel worth my time to plan for the unknown. And now, all of a sudden, we’re one sleep from departure day.

4 Likes

I’m hoping things will be more clear by…February, maybe.

2 Likes

Getting a BG for Remy is just like RotR used to be and if you fail at 0700 you can try again at 1:00. The forum has trained us well. I know you can do it!

6 Likes

We had no issues getting Remy three times…and that was right after it opened. It is MUCH easier than when ROTR started. You just keep hitting the refresh button. I’m 2 1/2 months out to next trip …with 13 people :crazy_face:

5 Likes

2019 Big birthday bash for kid 15 at the time.

All spring thought I had a timetable, working on a good plan for 19 folks, off property, cuz 19 folks.

Then Disney announces Star Wars land, :open_mouth::hushed::astonished:

After a few months of freaking, I realized we’ll have a great time if we decide we’ll have a great time. And we’ll simply adjust as we go - who needs rope drop . . . :expressionless:

Oh, add hurricane. Scramble for batteries, lanterns, water, board games. Just in case . . .

Suddenly it’s time to pack and go. :upside_down_face:

And we did have a good time, challenges included. :sunglasses:

You’ll be fine. It’s not your first rodeo, regardless of new crap. :wink: I’ve followed you in the World. I know . . .

3 Likes

I was 200 days away forever and suddenly I’m less than 3 weeks out. I don’t really know how to use Genie and I don’t really care (I’ve never sounded older to myself than I do right now). I’ve got my TP set up and I’m putting my faith in Len lol.

My last trip was in 2018 so I’ve never dealt with a virtual queue before. I’m so relieved that ROTR moved to standby, but I’m starting to feel anxiety about Remy. :grimacing:

7 Likes

The new system is so much easier. You can do it!!!

3 Likes

Hey @vcka struggled with BGs for a very long time, so if she says it’s easier, believe her! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yes yes I did! @bebe80 tutorials helped. And low and behold Disney listened/read our threads and fixed their BG process. IDK if Disney really read these threads but it sure seems like they did bwahahaha

5 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

I feel you. Our trip is in 10 days.

3 Likes

Our trip is in 30 days and my son has had a string of workers (he’s a fast food manager) out with COVID-like symptoms.

COVID makes me not want to get very attached to any trip/plan. Usually I’d be packed by now!! I’m stalling, honestly.

4 Likes

Same boat here. We leave in 8 days….

This forum has been helpful with my “newbie” questions.

3 Likes