Evening Extra Magic Hours and Crowd level

Is it ok to visit Magic Kingdom on April 8th or should better to park hop and arrive during the magic hour? This is going to be my first time visit hence worried about the time needed to hop.

Welcome! Ask anything & often! :smiley:

EMH in the evening are totally different in terms of crowds than the morning EMH times. Evening EMH is far less attended because most families have to leave as soon HEA fireworks are done. You’ll have those last two hours with a fraction of the people there.

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

The parks get less & less crowded after 5pm as small children start to need to be fed & put to bed.
I looked at all the other park CLs that day and they are basically the same as MK. So it’s up to you to want to Park Hop or not.

2 Likes

Have a great time there!!

Thanks. My concern was about the wait time and not the crowd level. I will be travelling from West coast so there is a jet lag of 3 hours which makes it difficult to arrive the park early.

Ok… Did I answer you question adequately? I confess it wasn’t clear to me what you wanted to know. I tried the best I could with the info provided. :smiley:

Yes, I just wanted to convey that I meant wait times by crowd level. Does your recommendation change in that case?

Hey! Decided to hop on before bed to check on you…

No. This doesn’t change my opinion. I’ll continue this on the other thread you started…

1 Like