Evening at Universal

As part of a conference, I’ll be going to UOR for only a few evening hours. What would you suggest as priorities? I know hardly anything and haven’t been before. Thanks!

Are you planning on parks for rides etc or citywalk for music dancing food etc. What dates and what time will you be free from.

It would be a Thursday evening in September. Not totally sure what to expect in terms of what the conference might have organized, but hoping for rides.

Universal Orlando here are park hours that will give you an idea of if its worth it Sept 16th is the start of HHN in USF its a hard ticket event starting at 6 pm Universal Orlando Universal Orlando . Parks stay open until 1am ish for this and its on every thursday from th 16th ( as well as most other nights). If going earlier in Sept then I would suggest USF as its closes a bit later than IOA If you are onsite at the conference and staying in either Portfino, Hard rock or Royal pacific you will be able to get an express pass (like fast pass but unlimited and no pre booking ) ( not valid on HHN) You get your express pass in the hotel lobby using your room key and its valid on every ride except Gringotts, Forbidden journey Hogwarts express and a few kids rides. Best rides in USF are Rip ride rocket ( very scary roller coaster) Mummy ( awsome dark ride) Transformers ( 4d )Simpsons ( not worth the wait in my opinion and makes me nauseas) Men in Black ( love this ride its a shooting game similar to Buzz lightyear but 1000x better)

You then have the Harry Potter Diagon Alley a must for any fans with 1 ride which is best done at park close.

HHN is totally different from anything else not sure what rides are open they sometimes shut of Diagon Alley but info should be in the links.

If you don’ t want to go to HHN , assuming you are there later in Sept then key rides in IOA are Hulk Coaster, Spiderman ( same as transformers ) Kong ( new ride) then in Hogsmead ( harry potter area) there is Forbidden Joourney ( amazing and awsome ride do towards end of the evening) and the dragons roller coaster. Dr Doom is a fav of hours but can have a wait and folk on here don’t rate it that highly Jurassic park ride will get you wet and Dudleys and Popey rides will soak you to the skin.

Hope this helps feel free to ask about anything Mx

Edit there is a dispicible me ride in USF also but I think its totally overated which is how I forgot about it. Even with exp pass you can wait 45 mins

Thanks for your detailed answer! I had forgotten about HHN and didn’t even think to check the schedule for that.

1 Like