Essential menu items

Cobb Salad @ Brown Derby is in a unique spot, I think.

1. It’s one of the cheapest meals on the menu.
  2. It’s one of the best meals on the menu.

I just love that they prep it Hollywood style (chopped in front of you, sir, very good sir).

Re: Theming … I haven’t been to the original, and I didn’t live in the 1939 / Hollywood that never was and always will be …

… But I politely disagree. When I’m there, it’s easy for me to imagine that movie stars might have come there, or are dining just around the corner …

What’s your favorite spot for theming? Man, I love Boma …

2 Likes

Just as a note: I got the Mickey Waffles with the Strawberry Sauce at Kona because I am gluten-free and they do not have gluten-free Tonga Toast. And the other “unique” dish (that thing with rice and a hamburger patty and other stuff) just sounded DISGUSTING at any time, but especially at breakfast.

So some of us DO have reasons for what we get, even if what we get seems banal to you.

1 Like

No point in arguing over the internet. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

Jiko- the filet is phenomenal, so is the wild boar appetizer. Our dessert was something chocolate that had a bird’s nest looking decoration on it which was also good.

Tiffins- what I ordered doesn’t appear to be on the menu? It was 2 cuts of beef served different ways. One cooked sous vide, the other smoked perhaps? With a wine reduction. Both were delicious. Our charcuterie appetizers were excellent, as was our salad. Honestly I loved everything at this meal.

2 Likes

This. From Tiffins.

3 Likes

I will say mine certainly wasn’t THAT bad! Hope second time’s the charm. I guess I prefer a good caesar salad.

But at least at the Chef’s table, true Japanese Wagu is available as an “add-on” and comes paired with the Australian for comparison. There is none. The Australian is excellent, but the Japanese completely redefines the concept of beef (of course it should at $50 for a 2 oz. portion…)

1 Like

The salmon (my all-time favorite fish and one of my all-time favorite foods) at Artists Point was perhaps the best I’ve had anywhere - including Washington State where I lived for a number of years and Alaska where I visited for a week and had salmon every day.

For TE, it’s pretty much a decision between which protein you want; the vegetables and rice are pretty much the same no matter what you get. For teppanyaki my favorite is a steak (very rare) and shrimp combo.

At Kona, ABSOLUTELY get the Kona coffee vice the regular; probably the best coffee in WDW.

At HBD the burger is also very good. I’m a self-proclaimed burger snob and tun my nose up on virtually all WDW burgers, but the one at HBD is top notch. When Cindy and I go together one of us orders the Cobb salad and one of us the burger and we split both. PERFECT lunch.

Nothing really to add to any of the others…

1 Like

It’s $110 on the regular menu. I might have the seven course and give it a try.

@profmatt, there are reports that the wild boar is temporarily off the Jiko menu due to a shortage . I asked if there is a substitute.

Great. Trip ruined.

Lol, give it some thought…this may lead you to another “improvement “:flushed:

First @OBNurseNH bans me from the Festival of Fantasy Parade. Now you’re banning me from Jiko.

It’s been an emotionally exhausting day. I may just cancel the whole trip.

2 Likes

Updated report: they are substituting pork and it is good!

1 Like

I’ve decided to bring sandwiches from home and eat them in my room at the house. I’m done with ADRs. They’re a scam.

I’m not flying halfway round the world for pork.

2 Likes

Jiko’s out. Boma’s in.

2 Likes

Artist Point…Cedar Plank Salmon. Awesome!