Escape Rooms in Citywalk

Interesting, good to know! I’m looking forward to reading what people think of them!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this information @bebe80 !! :grin:

We were able to get tickets for both escape rooms for our one day at Citywalk in December! :partying_face::tada: I will try to post a review afterwards.

Oh and free parking is included with your escape room ticket if you happen to be driving to the park.

5 Likes

Interview with two of the creators of the Great Movie Escape.

1 Like

I just don’t think I could do an escape room with total strangers…and if I read correctly - unless you have 6 people you will be put with strangers.

3 Likes

You can book a private session for the Jurassic Park one. That’s what we did. It doesn’t seem to allow private for Back to the Future. Private does cost more.

Ooh, have you done it already @paulasc? How was it?

We are booked for December 23rd. Really looking forward to it! I will try to report back after we’re done.

3 Likes

Super cool :sunglasses:
Good luck :t_rex::sauropod::t_rex::sauropod:

1 Like

Making you pay more to not have strangers with you is a great way to keep me from ever trying it out.

Only if you have fewer than 6 guests. At 6, it costs the same. If you have 7 or 8 it is actually less expensive, per person.

1 Like

We did both escape rooms today. They are not your typical escape rooms. Instead they move you through a story completing different challenges along the way. If you struggle with a challenge there will be more hints given and after a certain time the story will adjust to skip you through to the next step/room. If you finish a challenge quickly there will be additional puzzles to solve.

We really enjoyed the Jurassic Park game. The challenges were fun and had varying degrees of difficulty. There was a good amount of time in each section and the story was interesting. They definitely required you to work as a team. We completed all but one task successfully.

The Back to the Future game was not nearly as fun for us. The rooms were really cool and the overall story was interesting but we felt that it rushed you through too fast. In most of the sections the only way to solve was to wait for the hints and then follow those as practically step by step instructions. And even with those hints we still weren’t able to complete almost half of the puzzles. It would have been better to have fewer sections and more time in each one. We really wanted to look around a few of the rooms and explore them in more detail but there just wasn’t time.

The Jurassic Park game was a private booking for us which was a better way to go. The couple that did Back to the Future with us were great and very nice but it’s awkward working with strangers. You always feel the need to be super polite and don’t want to say anything if you think they’re making mistakes. It’s definitely more comfortable in a private group.

I would totally recommend the Jurassic Park game for anyone. Not so sure about the Back to the Future one. We left it feeling frustrated and like there was very little we could have done to make the experience better. It wasn’t just that we were less successful but more that we felt like it wasn’t designed in a way that gave you the time and tools to be successful. There were a lot of cool things in it but it didn’t gel.

If anyone has any questions about the experience feel free to ask. I leave for a cruise on the Fantasy tomorrow and will have no wifi for the week so it may take me a while to get back to you.

11 Likes

Did the venue ask for feedback at all?

Glad you could experience it and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Have a great cruise!

2 Likes

They didn’t ask for feedback that I can recall. I might look online to see if there is a guest survey of some sort.

2 Likes