Epic Universe News & Construction Updates

What does this mean?

Specific and accurate. Not just “-ish.”

2 Likes

Totally agree.

(I would be fine staying in Rivendell as well!)

The land would need to pick one and stick to it consistently. The rides within the land could then take you into other areas. So maybe the land looks like the Shire (although…not sure about that!) but one of the rides might take you through Rivendell and Lothlorien, etc.

I don’t know. I also have hesitations. There is too much scope from LOTR to put into a single land and still manage to “commercialize” it. I mean, they could have a Prancing Pony eatery. But what gift shops are in LotR? Unlike Harry Potter, where that stuff existed as part of the world, LOTR doesn’t have that kind of thing. They would end up having to invent a lot of stuff. And soon, you end up with a kind of Batuu rather than WWoHP.

2 Likes

Oh. That will definitely be out of my price range.

1 Like
3 Likes

Oh oh
Does it look like the Shire?

3 Likes

I can imagine eateries better than shops or rides.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Can you tell us the name so we don’t have to click the link? I’m guessing Epic Boulevard.

2 Likes

Yes Epic Boulevard with the alternate as Epic Parkway, if the first doesn’t get approved.

2 Likes

Ha! I was right. Glad I didn’t guess Epic Street. LOL

3 Likes

I can’t imagine Disney is worried.

In only another few short years Moana’s Journey of Water will be open, and Epic Universe will be empty and shuttered as the crowds flock to Epcot.

What do we want? Educational exhibitions about the water cycle! When do we want them? In five or six years time! No rush!

14 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve been looking at bioreconstruct’s photos on Twitter, and this park is being built at lightning speed! 2025 seems way too far away considering how fast they’re going. I wouldn’t be surprised if they open in 2024. Heck, some of these rides are on pace to be constructed by end of 2023 if you compare to the VC construction schedule.

(cough Disney ought to take note. cough)

7 Likes

If only we had someone who could pass that message on to someone at the top.

9 Likes

Let’s not forget that Velocicoaster was fully constructed and cycling for months before soft opening. They really take their time with the theming.

5 Likes

You mean like the likely incredibly long amount of time it will take WDW to convert Splash to Tiana. What is the projected opening … late 2025???

4 Likes

Isn’t that AFTER USF will have opened up an entirely new park?

2 Likes

What do ya’ll think about the new Terra Luna and Stella Nova hotel resort names?

Alicia’s videos are just amazing :star_struck:

5 Likes