Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

You are good at this

1 Like

I guess I can try this method too but I’ve only done it the way you have and get a pass every time now.

When I did it from inside the park at 1pm I was early too because I was counting down in my head the last 10 seconds but from the room with the iPad I was dead on

1 Like

I always joined from the home page as well and it worked for us. Especially works well if you have the time on another device - I can see why the refresh method would help if you didn’t.

4 Likes

Although it was in the early days of RoTR, I used the refresh method as well. This was before we had a document and were watching the milliseconds on time.gov.

Yeah there is actually 3 different methods:

1. From Home page: Join, Join, Join
  2. From the “Join Virtual Queue” page: Swipe(refresh), Join, Join
  3. From the “My Queues” page: Join, Join, Join

I only have method #1 in my instructions. (Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue)
Not that the others are not as good, but just to stick with one and not add other confusion to the process.

Since I personally secured BG 1 with the first method, it stands as my favorite.

11 Likes

I have a feeling that during my first real run, I’d feel like trying to choose a method would be like the choosing ceremony in the book/movie Divergent.

Thank you for keeping it simple with one method for those of us with decision anxiety!

For the record, I’ve always had success with #1 as well.

6 Likes

Right, if you are alone/don’t have a separate device, method 2 could actually be a benefit.

But, if you reset your network time on your phone, that will also help…when the clock ticks to 7:00:00 anyways.

Eta: If you use methods 1 or 3 and hit Join too early, you will have an extra step…Join, Swipe, Join, Join.

2 Likes

Clicking the Join button will give you a page that looks like this at the top. This is where I pull the page down to resfresh. Over and over. I start at 6:59 and just keep at it so I don’t need to use time.gov or anything. Whatever Apple auto syncs the phone to has been close enough. There are other ways but I used this so I could keep it simple and remember what I did every time.

5 Likes

I presume this probably works for Disneyland, too?

1 Like

I have time to figure this out before October, but we won’t have a separate device to track the exact time.

Strategy #2 might be the best option.

3 Likes

Somebody suggested the Atomic Clock and Watch Accuracy app on a different thread and I’ve been using that in conjunction with method 1. You can make it beep for the last 5 seconds of each minute. I haven’t missed yet on my practice runs.

5 Likes

Is it 10 minutes or 15 minutes grace you have on an ADR. Today was laundry day and the drying time is going to make it close to make our Beaches n Cream dinner?

1 Like

15 but even if you’re later you’ll probably be fine.

1 Like

You can call and tell them you’re running late too

1 Like

HS Day 3
Got our best BG so far 23
We RD a little later than before. A little after 8 but before they people in.
TSM we got the special car with the bottom to press in addition to the pull. This is a game changer. I got 114,000 vs DH 76,000. Then ASS again. Next I wanted to do some shopping. We got in line for the Market in GE. Found a few fun things to bring home with us. I checked BG once we were done and yay we were called! This was about 10 am. So we did RotR again and it was even better the second time. I think because I could look at more since not everything was a surprise.

Then off to lunch at Woody’s. The grilled cheese was one of the best I’ve had!!! Yum!!

Next off to ToT to get a DAS return but when we got there it was only 30 minutes so just went on. Note: they tried to tell me we needed to park our ECVs outside and use a wheelchair (as a walker etc) the rest of the way. However, Tues when we had an actual das return we went through the gift shop and was able to only have to go a few feet. I mentioned this and the CM was like oh yeah you want to do that instead? (Yes silly leaving my ECV in public means we have to take all our stuff if it’s in a place where on CMs have access we can leave non essential stuff). Of course I didn’t say this, just thought it. So second time on ToT was just as intense as the first. By the time we got out and collected our stuff our picture wasn’t up anymore. We never have gotten our one from Tues. so I resolved to make sure we got this one. Once a CM came round they told me to go to the counter in the next room. This is the photo pass counter and she was absolutely wonderful and we now have a picture ( and a few extras ) of us on ToT!!!

We then started making our way down Sunset poking into shops along the way. Sometime in all this we may have had another carrot cake cookie :yum:. We had a res for Oga’s and droid building. We were then going to do Star Tours again and MFSR. We got to Oga’s and after insisting that we wanted to bring our ECVs in and not park the outside we finally prevailed because a table that would work for us “just happened to open up”. It would be nice if we could indicate ADA accommodations in our ADRs. Loved the theming of the place. We were in Star Wars. We ordered the fuzzy tauntaun and the one with the souvenir porg glass. I tried the fuzzy first. I got all fuzz and no tauntaun. It did not make my lips or mouth go numb, but it did make me taste something extremely bitter and that made it a challenge to swallow and breathe except through my nose. Not an experience I would want to have again. Once recovered DH tried it but much smaller sip and then using the straw to get to the actual drink. That wasn’t too bad, very peachy. The porg drink was surprisingly good. We finished both and then were done.

Next was droid building! I made an R2 and DH a BB-8. Lots of fun. Lots to look at. While we were inside rain happened again. We really wanted to do more shopping and stuff but with 2 droids in tow and possible more rain we decided to call it a day. So no ST it MFSR. We did get one photo pass shot but wanted more. So I think we will shorten (fairly easily) one of our MK days and hop back to HS for more shopping and pictures.

That pretty much was yesterday. Today was for rest and we really needed it. I also need to repack to go to GF tomorrow.

Beaches n Cream tonight.

14 Likes

Sounds like a great day! Were you able to take your ECVs in to build the droid?

1 Like

Yes. We could park them inside if we wanted and stand or take them up to the assembly area they just gave each of us 2 spots so we could sit sideways on them. It was really nice.

4 Likes

That’s great!

2 Likes

Made it on time ish to BnC!!

7 Likes