Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

We had a liner meet?! :partying_face::hugs::grin:

8 Likes

Same!! We did enjoy our dinner, hope you did too!! So cool to meet people!!

7 Likes

Yes, in line at the 3 Broomsticks!! :tada::tada:

6 Likes

I hope the dinner line wasn’t too long! That was a lesson I learned on my trip - dinner wait was about 1/3rd the length of the lunch line.

Love a liner meet! No photos?

1 Like

No sorry. In a zig zagging line and I was too hangry to think pics. :pensive:

2 Likes

Understandable!

1 Like

It was and the service longer. That’s just say that while having it come to the table is nice, I prefer Disney’s MO where you at least know about when you are going to eat. I’m going to write more about it later (and UOR in general).

We are having a great time but our bodies are telling us we are old. Lol

9 Likes

I find uor harder on the body than Disney. I do more backtracking/walking there and maybe the intensity of the rides and how many intense rides are in a smaller area. And I agree that the quick service dining situation is worse in Universal, which is why we did Mythos this last day for lunch and dinner in Citywalk. Shame because I do love Leaky Cauldron still but Three Broomsticks is dead to me after our last attempt to eat there was just memorably unbearable.

3 Likes

My DH and DS were also hangry in that line, and I didn’t think about a photo either! :joy:

4 Likes

It was super long! Long lines everywhere unfortunately. This morning DS12 and I rope dropped Hagrid’s, and someone in line told us that Universal is now opened for 100% capacity as of Monday? We have two trips here prior to this one, and I must say I have never seen it so crowded. Glad we have Express since we’re staying at RPR, but we still have had waits in some lines - surprisingly MIB has been our longest.

3 Likes

It seems everyone who cancelled in 2020 decided to come in 2021, plus those who were just planning to come in 2021. I’m hoping everyone hated their trips due to the long waits and crowds, and only half of them will be back next year. :wink:

9 Likes

Tomorrow I’m going start going over what we did at UOR. I’ve been in and out while here but needed a break from reporting. Tomorrow we have a nice long wait for our train which should be good for writing things up.

9 Likes

Don’t forget all those the went and had not trip planned. They went just because they could!

2 Likes

We are now at the Orlando Amtrak station 4 hours early lol which I’m fine with. It’s cool, quiet and has toilets so we are good. Maybe now I can get some trip reporting done. The HRH is a good hotel but they play the public area music just a bit too loud to focus.

7 Likes

Ok the quiet is gone and I’m trying to remind myself why killing is not the appropriate response to grown adults playing sounds on an electronic device without any ear buds or headphones etc. They are literally channel surfing. No attempt to be considerate of others.

5 Likes

I request no homicide until after you’ve wrapped up the trip report, please!

11 Likes

And, if you need bail money, request a free forum post instead of a phone call. We’ll be waiting. :wink:

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

We are on the train and homicide was avoided!!

Miscellaneous
I don’t think I mentioned our very nice lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe on Saturday. I had the chicken and waffles and DH had the Lobster Thermidor burger. They were both very good and I wish we had had time to go a second time. I’ve never had chicken and waffles and wasn’t sure what the big deal was. Well I truly enjoyed what I had, of course maple syrup goes well on just about anything. Also, if you like crispy bacon this is the place to come. We each asked for a side of crispy bacon and what we got was melt in your mouth bacony goodness. I don’t know how many pieces we each got there were so many. I was expecting a significant price to come with this and it would have been worth it. However, each of our sides was only $5!!! One of the best values our whole trip!!!

Overall, we were very impressed with our stays at both YC and GF. I could see us trying to stay at YC or perhaps BW because the location for us was excellent for visiting EP and HS. I don’t think I would stay at BC because it had a much more family vibe to it. Being on the monorail for MK was wonderful though it would have been nice to pop over to EP too. I still want to stay at the CR sometime. However, our future budget will be much more modest so we would love to stay at POFQ again some day. I don’t think we will ever have a view like we did in GF. It was magical. GF was great but we aren’t terribly fancy people and we both see it as a once in a lifetime stay.

I will be posting misc pictures at some point too.

13 Likes