Epcot with 6yo tinker-er

Hi All. My six year old son and I are going to spend a one on one day at Epcot. He loves to build and tinker. What attractions at Epcot in future world will he be able to get hands on with. Because it’s just him and I we can spend all the time we want and we’re not gonna be rushing through to get to other rides. we are going to have spent the full day at Epcot the day before so he’s gonna have already ridden the big rides- although I am sure we will revisit some. What attractions have hands on learning areas now? TIA!:toolbox::clamp::pick::carpentry_saw:

1 Like

My kids really liked the post ride areas at Test Track, especially DS4 who is my budding mechanical engineer. They have a show room of Chevy cars, and stations where you can design your own commercial about the car you designed, race it video game style on a track, and other stations we didn’t get to. I would consider it more STEM than tinker (which I equate more to building) but definitely hands on and a fun diversion if you have time to spend there. Not many other people stopped (maybe because there was a lack of kids?) so would hopefully be less crowded too depending on what time of year you are going.

1 Like

The post show area for Mission: Space is also good. You can also go there even if you decide you don’t want to go on the ride.

2 Likes

Be sure and stop in Germany to see the train. Not a hands on experience but fun to watch.

1 Like

Check out this listing: Play Areas and Playgrounds at EPCOT | 2021 – BRB Going to Disney

it covers all the major spots with interactive stuff / play areas

2 Likes

It’s nice that the playgrounds (indoor & outdoor,) have reopened at Epcot.

The above article missed Project Tomorrow - at the exit to Spaceship Earth and features several interactive games/activities themed to “the future.”

2 Likes

I could’ve sworn it was in that article but you’re right, it’s not. I must’ve been looking at two different ones

1 Like

How about the fun stuff after Figment? I think those are open for playtime. Cool interaction there.

1 Like

I think that was included in the linked article :+1:

1 Like