Epcot Timing

Do you prefer Epcot during the day or at night? Why? Thank!

ETA - specifically during the Christmas season

During X-mas definitely during the day. They have all the Christmas characters from the various countries out during the days at World Showcase. I also enjoy the Festival of the Holidays booths during the day.

3 Likes

I think it depends on what you are hoping to do. The WS is great during the day at Christmas time if you want the experience the holiday storytellers in the various countries. If you are wanting to see the CP, that is best at night.

1 Like

So you wouldn’t recommend the 5:00 showing?

Honestly, no. Last year we did the 5:00 show one night and then the 6:45 on a different night and the later show was better because it was dark. The story and the singing will be great no matter when you see it, but the whole candlelight part is better later.

3 Likes

Thanks!! I have both booked and have been waffling! Later show it is!

1 Like

Oh good. I was going to add that seeing it at 5 is better than not all but I’m glad you have a later option.

1 Like

Have you seen Marlee Matlin at CP? She was just announced for our planned date. We saw NPH last year.

2 Likes

I have seen her and really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

We are seeing NPH. I’m super excited!!

Now I’m trying to decide if I want to change my Epcot day. My current plan is PPO at Garden Grill, FW, then lunch at Rose & Crown, WS, CP at 5. For an additional $100 I can skip GG, sleep in, get club level FPs, do R&C for dinner, and then CP at 8.

1 Like

We saw NHP last year too and he was fabulous.
Your two choices are both good. I love your idea of sleeping in and doing a later CP. That does mean skipping GG breakfast which is yummy.

2 Likes

Wow, we really think a lot alike! We were originally going to do pre rope drop GG (CP package), FW, lunch at food booths (okay so we may differ here), WS, CP at 5, Via Napoli afterwards, only using 3 regular FPP. Then I also thought we could sleep in (it’s only day 2 for us and we will still be on Pacific time), GG at 10am, FW with 6 FPP including the CL ones, food booths, WS (I love the storytellers), CP at 6:45 instead, and then late dinner at Via Napoli. I still have both GG reservations at this point (and 2 Via Napoli depending on which show). Great minds must think alike.

2 Likes

Was it odd watching her, but hearing her translator Jack speaking?

1 Like

I have gotten my best ideas from you this trip!!

1 Like

If my best idea means throwing more and more money at the crowds! :laughing:
Me (to myself mostly): we should really not spend so much on a WDW trip. Maybe we could spend less than previously.
DIsney: here, buy these extra FPP every day so you don’t have to rope drop or have any patience with lines for rides. Also book all the package meals and dessert parties.
Me: Okay

3 Likes

It’s like you’re in my head!!!

1 Like

It’s because we are both really smart! Or maybe really stupid, but I’m going with really smart!

2 Likes

It really wasn’t. I’m not sure how to explain it but it was wonderful and not odd.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for convenience. Cost be damned. It’s just who I am :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. I am looking forward to it.

1 Like