Epcot - Saturday or Sunday in December?

My friend and I will be going to Epcot on either Saturday, December 11, or Sunday, December 12. I had originally thought that we should do Sunday thinking that Saturday might be busier with locals. But TP crowd calendar has Saturday as a crowd level 3 and Sunday as a crowd level 4! I am now Frozen (Ever After) in Indecision.

I looked at other weekends and the previous weekend is also 3 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Is this a thing and I’ve just not been aware of it?

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: :rofl: I feel like I should know this but we so rarely go on the weekends to avoid other locals :wink: I would think Saturday night at EC would be worse b/c they can sleep off their drunk on Sunday morning???

1 Like

That was my original thought. But curious about the rationale of the crowd calendar.

1 Like

There might be something small on the calendar that day, like “Dapper Day” or something.
Also - the crowd calendar can be changed in the future. Anyone else DREAD opening those emails? :sweat:
Also, also, how much of a difference would a 4 be to you that you would notice?

2 Likes

This has been the case most weekends so far in 2021, according to the TP historical data. So I think that forecast is accurate. Having said that, there is a very minor difference in the 3 and 4 level.

1 Like

This is the weekend that I will be there!! I cannot imagine there being a real difference between the two weekend days. I think that historically many people arrive/depart on Saturdays so there can be a dip. But this year I think ANY day is anyone’s guess!

1 Like

According to Thrill Data, wait times on Saturday and Sunday have been about the same on average. I looked at each Saturday and Sunday over the past three months, and Saturday was usually a pinch busier than Sunday, except on holiday weekends or when crowds were generally ramping up, in which case Sunday could be quite a bit busier.

So moral of the story, if the Sunday is a run-of-the-mill Sunday, I’d go then. If it precedes a Monday holiday or is right before Christmas week starts or something, then I’d choose Saturday.

ETA: The real moral of the story is to go to Epcot on Tuesday or Friday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re right. What’s weird is looking at Test Track - the times listed for each day are higher on Saturday than on Sunday! It’s very weird. We won’t be arriving until 1:00 so no RD or early entry. Still, I think we can do everything we want to do and still have time for WS. Especially if we buy the two LL+.

2 Likes

For Epcot on the weekends, remember that Crowd Levels are predictors of ride wait times. It’s always been my experience that these indicators do not reflect how busy the World Showcase will get on a Fri, Sat, Sun night. We stopped in last evening, CL 4 and the promenade was quite full and the really good F&W booths had signifant lines.

I wish the smart people at TP could figure out a seperate CL for World Showcase. haha

3 Likes

Especially during festivals. :sunglasses:

2 Likes