EPCOT Collectables

I would like to collect something from each one of the countries in EPCOT to make a set, like charms or beads for a bracket or something similar. I have never thought of anything that can be found in every country. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Cheri in TN
Looking forward to our Jan. trip

We do refrigerator magnets from real countries we visit. I think they have some sort of magnets in all the EPCOT countries, but I couldn’t swear to it.

1 Like

The thing I have done is collect Disney World pins. I believe I have about 50+ I also bought a pin collecting book to put them in. Some are cheap, others are quite expensive but you can get one to represent each park, each resort, and many if not all the rides and restaurants… Many people collect and trade pins at WDW. You may notice that most of the CM’s carry them on a lanyard. You can trade pins with them or you can trade pins with whoever sees your lanyard (if you buy one). Many of these pins are the cheaper ones and mainly for trading. Other pins you will not want to trade but keep them as a reminder of your trip. There was an old tradition of collecting spoons and many do that. I think however that pins are the way to go. If you don’t like them anymore, most will put them up for sale on ebay. You generally will NOT make money on these pins or very little at best, so if you buy them intend to keep them as collectables. If you should get into pin trading, buy the cheap ones via ebay as you can get them in bulk for very little money and these are what everyone goes around trading. It can be quite fun especially for the kids.

Pressed pennies? Sorry, I can’t think of anything else which is available in all the countries.

For grownups or kids? I’d probably pick a pin from each location although that could get pricey unless you buy a multi pack in advance. For kids, get one of those passport books and get a stamp at each Kidcot location. Or pressed pennies.

You can turn pressed pennies into a charm bracelet if you like that - https://www.google.com/search?q=disney+pressed+penny+bracelet&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwid4c6cjcbXAhUD44MKHZ39Be4Q_AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=760

Depending on when you go, maybe each country also has a Christmas ornament?

We had the KIDCOT station attendants draw a little picture and write a holiday greeting on a large Christmas ornament. We knew that the KIDCOT attendants would be the most likely to be able to write in that country’s language. We got so many compliments from the CMs as well as other guests. Many asked where we bought the ball and where they could get one.

3 Likes

What about ornaments?