EPA advice — what do you think of my plan?

How did you get this graph. it will help me with my planning as well for my trip on 22nd and 23rd of Dec

1 Like

It’s from the main website…

https://touringplans.com/islands-of-adventure/attractions/hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure/wait-times

1 Like

I would not use TP predictions for this month. I was just in the parks over this past weekend and they are doing some lower capacity things on some rides. Hagrids had huge gaps between trains, so they are running less trains and waits were very high all day. I never saw a posted wait below 75 minutes! This is with 3-6 crowd levels. I would definitely keep using that other data source. I would arrive at the gates 30-45 minutes early. Someone can hold space in line while others gather breakfast. Hagrids-VC can be done before 9am. FJ will still have a low wait afterwards and Hogsmeade will still not be packed. Hopefully they will be running more trains on Hagrids by the time of your trip. I know back in May, with higher crowds, wait times dropped to 45-60 minutes in the afternoons. That isn’t happening so far this month. It’s 80 minutes on a wednesday afternoon as I type this!! Meanwhile, VC is 25 minutes. Forbidden Journey is 20 minutes right now…Hulk is 15. The park has low low crowds today…and yet Hagrids is still 80 minutes!!!

1 Like

What was your actual wait at Hagrid’s vs the posted wait at that time??

Here is data from Monday, a CL 4 (predicted 3) day at IOA.

12:00 posted wait: 80 minutes
12:05 user submitted wait: 54 minutes

3:00 posted wait: 80 minutes
2:59 user submitted wait: 45 minutes

Now I don’t have the specific prediction chart from Monday, but this next chart shows Hagrid’s predicted waits from an upcoming predicted CL 3 day:

To me, Touring Plans looks accurate…

1 Like

The advice from @MeyerFamily is pretty accurate. It’s the pretty typical way you need to do RD

I will say though that I have never waited the full posted time at Hagrid’s. IME - The only time I wait the full posted time at any ride is if an issue occurs while I’m in queue and it is briefly delayed.

1 Like

Single rider was really fast today. I went twice around noon with waits of under twenty minutes.

The conveyer belt felt like it was running at full speed today.

1 Like

That’s great! I only rope dropped Saturday//Sunday. Saturday it was down for about 20 minutes before the line started moving. But it just didn’t seem to flow in that last room. Sunday it flowed the whole time until that last room again…and then I saw why with the huge gap before our train. Hopefully the posted wait times are just wildly over estimated as proposed. I just remember back in may it was posted around 60 minutes in the afternoon and we waited about 55 minutes. I never saw it posted 60 minutes this past weekend. I think it is worth a 60 minute wait, though!

When we went on Wednesday, the line moved a lot quicker throughout the queue than it did Tuesday night. On Tuesday, the posted wait was 90 minutes. It took half an hour to get to split for single rider, then another half hour to get the front of the queue. (Of course, the ride broke down when I was 3 single riders from getting on it, and I waited another hour, but that is a separate issue.)

On Wednesday, with a posted wait time of 85 minutes, it took about 20 to get to the split the first time, and about 15 minutes to get to the split the second time.

I did get lucky when riding. When we went, the TM was directing people into the castle without asking for any single riders. Had he been asking for single riders, my waits would have been a lot longer. I knew to ask for single rider, and where to ask for it. I met another person who had waited in the long line, and she didn’t know where the line split for single rider. She may have waited 45 minutes or more.

Since the TM wasn’t directing people into the single rider line, the first time I got straight to the front. (Two people were ahead of me, but they stopped to finish their Butterbeers. ) The second time, I was about 10 or so people from the front of the single rider line. But it moved really fast.
As a whole people were more spread out on Wednesday compared to Tuesday, and it reflected on how quickly the line moved.

I guess Hagrid’s prediction turned out pretty accurate for you?

Was TP’s other wait time predictions close during those 2 days?

2 Likes

Where are you able to find these predictions?

https://touringplans.com/islands-of-adventure/attractions/hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure/wait-times/date/2023-02-09

2 Likes