EP Tiering Question

No she’s right, you’re entitled to book 3 at once. If you only choose to book 1 in advance, you can book 2 together on the day either in the same park or in a different park. 4th and subsequent are 1 at a time.

Oh. Sorry. Misunderstood. I thought we were talking about the fourth and beyond. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still suspicious of this. You essentially lock yourself out of the possibility simply because you scheduled your Tier 2s after instead of before? And what if you don’t INTENTIONALLY miss your window? You are still locked out?

I would expect it more likely that Tier 1s just simply aren’t available by the time the Tier 2s expire, rather than you are actually blocked from them.

If you actually wanted to ride it, you’d just modify it to a later time if you accidentally missed it. You actually are blocked out from another tier 1. Liners have tested this.

But again, this does not apply if you are hopping to another park, right? You won’t be locked out of booking your 3rd regular FPP at MK?

No problems with hopping.

But how do they know they are blocked from tier 1 versus no tier 1 available? I was reading on one site about how by the time you can try to schedule a fourth, getting a tier 1 is very unlikely, but getting a tier 2 is easy.

Nothing that I can find (at this point) suggests they would actually block the tier 1. It just doesn’t make sense.

Sorry for needing to be hit over the head with it.

1 Like

Thinking about this from Disney’s perspective, the only thing I can figure as to why they would do it this way is to prevent someone from being able to schedule a Tier 1 SOONER by someone taking their Tier 2, modifying it ASAP, allowing it to expire, and then taking their second Tier 2 and modifying it sooner. Once they expire, you now would have access to the Tier 1 sooner than otherwise would. But then, you could do the same thing and just tap in and actually make it even SOONER than if you didn’t.

I don’t know.

It makes sense because otherwise they wouldn’t bother having tiers. They want you to use your tier 2s. Scheduling them before your tier 1 in essence tricks the system.
But to answer your question, people have tested it while other people have used their tier 2s. The people who had used them had lots of tier 1 options, the people who expired them after the tier 1 had none. On the same day at the same time.

No problem, it’s complicated!

I must be dense, because what difference does it make? They can’t get to the Tier 1s any sooner. Actually, it actually will make giving them access to a second tier 1 LONGER if they don’t tap in.

It evens out wait times across the park. That’s the idea anyway.

In this case, it doesn’t. It just means that a person who would have short-circuited a line at a Tier 2 (thereby making that Tier 2 line’s standby line a tad longer), and then hopped into a DIFFERENT standby line (and thereby making TWO standy lines a tad longer), are now likely busy in a different standby line or even just not in a line, keeping the flow of the existing lines better.

I understand their desire to balance wait times…but blocking the tier 1 in this way does NOT accomplish this. It just punishes those for otherwise HELPING the overall lines.

I don’t know if you’re aware but I didn’t actually design the system :blush: We all know that their IT never works the way they intended it. Sometimes that works out well for guests, sometimes it doesn’t. I personally never expire any FP so it’s all academic to me.

3 Likes

What?!? :thinking: :crazy_face: :innocent:

I know. I’m just trying to understand this. I honestly don’t believe it, but trying to figure it out. I DID read about how if you schedule a Tier 1 and no second and third Tier 2 that you can’t schedule a Tier 1 until you FIRST schedule two Tier 2s (and either tap in or wait for them to expire). That makes sense to me.

Since when did Disney IT make sense :joy: You would think it would be that way, but it’s honestly not.

About 19 years ago (and prior)!

The good old days!

This made be burst out laughing at work! I don’t think I will contribute to this thread beyond this post. :joy: :rofl:

1 Like