EP Tiering Question

In Epcot, do I have to physically tap in to my two Tier 2 attractions, or will I be permitted to book my 4th FPP after they expire? (Wondering if I can let them expire while we are cruising in WS. My TP works better without both FPP and I want to park hop later.)

You do not have to pre-book 3 FPP. You can just book the Tier 1 and then after you use that, start booking in another park.

So I could do TT, for example, and then immediately book a FPP for something in MK for the evening?

Yes. Or a tier 1 in another park.

2 Likes

Or another Tier 1 in AK?

1 Like

You could, yes.

That should be fine - you just can’t do TT and then book Soarin’ (another Tier 1 in Epcot) until your 2 Tier 2’s have been used/expired. I’m less certain on if you wanted to book a Tier 1 at another park off the top of my head too, but MK should offer no issues.

WOW. I thought Disney wanted to force us to use the Tier 2’s before passing “go.” Is that a recent change or just a little known secret? (or not a secret)

Thank you! This solves my problem, then.

1 Like

For the same park they do want you to use your tier 2s - you can only expire them if they are before your first tier 1. But since the idea of tiers is to spread the crowds between the most popular attractions, if you want to go to a different park altogether that’s enough of a spread!

ahhhhh. I get it.

1 Like

Yes. This is possible as well. The advantage to tapping in versus letting them expire is that you get up to an hour jump on when you can try for your fourth FP. If your last FP window is at 1:00 - 2:00, you can tap in at 1:00 and schedule your fourth. But if you don’t, you have to wait until 2:00 before you can schedule your fourth.

This is all assuming I’m using my 4th in EP. Otherwise I can just not book the 2nd and 3rd and then book them in another park, as stated above, right?

1 Like

I can’t speak to that. I’ll trust others. I was merely expressing the advantage of tapping in versus expiring, but that expiring is allowed.

1 Like

Yes you can just book 1.

1 Like

You can’t expire tier 2s if they are after the tier 1 (and then book another tier 1). Tapping in is your only option, though as you point out it would be the best option even if you could expire them.

So, based on what, it means you have no way of scheduling any more FPPs if you let them expire (Tier 2) after a Tier 1? That doesn’t seem right. What does it matter if they expire versus you tap in?

ETA: This is what the Disney site says:

“Once you redeem your initial set of FastPass+ selections (or the last arrival window has passed), you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at an in-park kiosk or on your mobile device, up to park closing. After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can make more selections (one at a time), subject to availability.”

I also think, I could be wrong, that you can book 2 in the next park right away.

1 Like

Well, again, from the Disney website itself:

"After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can make more selections (one at a time), subject to availability.”

So I don’t think so.

You can keep booking tier 2s but not another tier 1 in the same park.