Envious of my rotten kid's promotion

This may be me because I just can’t seem to let go :joy: I never asked anyone to hug my kid though although she was only there a short time. Thanks a lot stupid Covid.

And we love meeting him.

Congratulations to Woodrow!!

4 Likes

Yikes! that’s Randall Numbers™ right there. To do that for WORK though (and also being stuck in Dinoland)? oof… my total sympathies.

8 Likes

No no… not “going up to”… it’s a running tackle. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh, I have so many thoughts, and yes, I get where you’re coming from. I also get where the moderators have to deal with so.much.malarky. You would not even believe. They get the very same questions with every new batch of incoming DCP parents. It’s like clockwork. New group arriving, new parents sign up, new parents ask: “What should we expect at check-in? Can we wait in the kids’ apartment while they get their photo ID’s? What if someone’s food is in my kid’s cabinet in the kitchen? What’s the WiFi sitch?” And this is after a fairly intense approval process where you sign an agreement to read all 19 Guides from beginning to end before posting a question. ROFL!!!

Anyway. According to the moderators, it doesn’t matter if you politely ask for a hug based on a parent’s request; some DCP participants and CM’s report these events as intrusions that make them feel uncomfortable. Some kids feel that they can’t say no, since it’s a guest asking for a hug and a picture and “permission to post”.

And since most people can’t differentiate the reluctant huggers from the welcoming extroverts, the moderators just say, “Don’t do it.”

I get it; I do; and it’s a thankless task to moderate such a diverse group. And you really don’t know when helicopter moms aren’t being … over-enthusiastic about their children’s tolerance for stranger hugs. The moderators say that DCP participants and CM’s complain on their FB groups about the stalkers in the parents’ group, and I’m not on a CM group, so I don’t know. I can’t say. About them.

But… I confess, there is a part of me that wonders why people sign up to work at Disney World if they don’t like being hugged and having their photos taken. It’s a world-class vacation destination; guests just like me love to take photos and lavish affection on characters & cast members and make scrapbooks…

Sigh. I didn’t mean to write a book.

And now I’m hoping I’m not a clueless, overly-attached mommo who’s ensnaring innocent Internet strangers in her dastardly catfishing attempt to keep tabs on her independent adult son! :worried: :innocent:

7 Likes

You’re fine. You’ve a good balance. Most prospective Disney workers must think they’re on stage, as it were, with all that implies.

The kid in our house is very introverted, photo hating, unless it’s a cosplay convention. When properly asked they’re honored to pose for a photo.

This seems a lot like Woodrow. Respectful guests always welcome.

6 Likes

Same! Hmmmmm!

2 Likes

Just give a shout; I’ll let you know what I know as soon as I can. … Sometimes that can take a couple of hours if he’s soooper busy keeping WDW all neat and tidy. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ll be in HS on 9/10… I won’t be weird and stalkerish, though, unless it’s requested. :wink:

4 Likes

Yay! Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Congratulations to your young man!

4 Likes

Congrats to Woodrow!!
Sorry you have such a rotten kid.

4 Likes

Congratulations! So excited for him thay his hard work was recognized!

3 Likes

It really does stink that you have such a rotten kid!! Congratulations to Woody!!!:upside_down_face::tada:

3 Likes

Aww. We’ll be at AK on Saturday.

1 Like

I wonder how often the complaints are about stalker parents?

2 Likes

Awww! Indeed! I sympathize with you. On the other hand, you’ll be in Disney World, sooooo… yeah. :grin: Have fun!!!

4 Likes

Do we have to call him Mister Coordinator, now? Or will he still answer to Woody?

And if we ask another CM if they know where Woody is, and they tell us he can only be found at HS in TSL, should we believe them?

:grin:

3 Likes

ROFL!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I should probably come with and help you with that discussion!:laughing: Congrats!:partying_face:

2 Likes