Envious of my rotten kid's promotion

Unbelievable. The bad kid had the audacity to be a decent CM, and now Disney is imbuing him with responsibility – and extra jewelry on his costume. I cannot properly express my dismay. I shall have to go to Florida and chastise him in person!

(The new title is “Coordinator,” and there’s a pin above his nametag which says that.)

:angry: :thinking: :laughing:
:heart: :yellow_heart: :black_heart:

P.S. – This’ll make it much harder to find him in the park, too. Rotten kid!!!

47 Likes

Congratulations to Woody!!!

6 Likes

Congratulations to Woody!

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats Woody!

4 Likes

Wow! That is amazing!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!

4 Likes

Congratulations to him (and you, Mama)!

5 Likes

Congrats!

Do you mean that he’ll be working backstage more?

4 Likes

Not only that, but also, when he is in the park, he will be coordinating in two different lands. So he will be covering a great deal more ground. One day last week he was covering Asia and Dinoland, and he walked 13 miles (according to his step-counting app).

I just didn’t raise him right, I guess.

12 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Congrats!

4 Likes

You are so funny @bay_loftis , I love when you post. That’s great!!

7 Likes

You are very kind. Thank you! :smiley:

5 Likes

Oh congrats to Woodrow! Confession- I showed his picture to DD22’s friend who is just starting DCP and told her she should look him up! :joy:

8 Likes

Oh, I hope she does! I saw her picture in your trip report thread. Go, DCP!!! :dizzy:

6 Likes

Oh, congrats Woody! But, I was going to make it my mission to hunt him down on my next trip…this really upped the level of the challenge.

7 Likes

I will help you as much as humanly possible!!! I love getting pictures from Liners. :grinning:

True story: There is a great group on Facebook of the parents of DCP participants. It’s full of very useful information, but the moderators have their hands full – and especially so now that the group is 11,000 members big. Nobody ever leaves the group, as far as I know, so there are tons of zombie members – but still – 11,000 members big. So there are lots of conflicting opinions.

There are posts and posts by far-flung parents saying, “Go hug my DCP child in ____. It’s her birthday, and I miss her!” So parents who are in Florida go find that kid, hug her, take a picture, and post it on the Facebook group. Then the moderators come on and say, “This is tantamount to stalking and contrary to everything we taught our kids about ‘stranger danger,’ so stop hugging strangers’ kids and let them do their jobs. Also, it annoys the leaders. Quit it.” [<-- paraphrased, srsly]

So I don’t even post about Woodrow on that group any more. Not that I ever said, “Go hug him because I miss him,” or anything even remotely like that, but still – people are sensitive; 11,000 is a lot of strangers; I don’t want to be kicked off the group because the intel is so good. Those people always know when the new rides are going to be having CM previews!

But Liners are different, and Woodrow loves meeting y’all. If you find him, he’ll be happy to take a picture with you! :innocent:

12 Likes

We may be going back to AK on Friday. Do you know if he’s working that day?

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure yes, because he’s made a park reservation for HS on Saturday. I’ll find out for sure, though. :smiley:

5 Likes

Congratulations to that bad, bad child of yours!

You absolutely must make another visit to WDW to ensure he is behaving himself.

Now about that FB group …. I assume people are not just literally going up to a CM and hugging them suddenly out of the blue without actually speaking to them first. Even a “Your mom said it was your birthday, can I give you a hug and take a selfie?” In which case why on earth are the mods concerned about stranger danger? I mean by definition the CMs are adults, not pre-teens. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes