Envious of my rotten kid who's in the MK today

Instead of running straight to Seven Dwarfs, he went to Friar’s Nook for sausage gravy tots. Now I think he’s just walking around, looking at things I can’t see and making me see green. Hmph!!!

23 Likes

Forgot to say: If you haven’t seen my envious posts before, my bad kid got into the Disney College Program in January after a lifetime of not loving Disney World as much as I do. Which was bad enough! And then he decided to become a permanent resident of Florida. (Fuh-lorida???) And he’s a coordinator in DAK. (Pardon me whilst I seethe.)

He says he’s getting better at going to the parks by himself, but this is the first time since… I can’t remember. The last time he went to the AK, for heaven’s sake. Grrr. Bad kid!

18 Likes

He is a wonderful bad kid :rofl: Looks like a beautiful day for exploring. If he has to be so bad, maybe he can continue to share pictures to make up for it?

6 Likes

THAT ROTTEN MISCREANT JUST WALKED ON AT SEVEN DWARFS AND GOT THE BACK CAR.
(yes, this is a complete sentence.)

12 Likes

I love these vicarious TRs :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

He called to laugh and taunt me. “It was a WALK-ON,” he chortled. “It said 40-minute wait! I got in the standby line, and two minutes later, I was getting into a barrel!”

HA HA HA. YOU JERK.

:::pouting::: :pouting_cat:

He’s headed for Space Mountain now.

12 Likes

Such a rotten kid!!

Question: did he finish his degree? And from where? Just being curious.

2 Likes

Woody’s not sending pictures, but in the last 90 minutes, he rode Seven Dwarfs, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, and Haunted Mansion. He is now back in Tomorrowland for coffee and yammering something about being wrong about Irish creme.

Irish creme, y’all. He could be meeting Buzz Lightyear, but he’s drinking coffee in the shade. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Yes. Woodrow graduated cum laude from Tennessee Tech with a double major in some kind of biology and geology last December. So he was finished with his bachelor’s degree before he started the DCP. He said he was going to go to graduate school, but somehow he didn’t apply anywhere until it was too late, and that’s when I said, “Well, you could spend half a year in Disney if you did the college program. That’ll give you time to apply and stuff.”

Famous last words!!!

8 Likes

Woodrow’s view while he sips coffee and contemplates his next move:

Biting my tongue!!! Not telling him what I think of him right now!

9 Likes

It’s hard to love your children sometimes :smirk: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Awesome!!

3 Likes

Guess what’s a walk-on?

They should make him walk the plank!!!

10 Likes

Do you think he will go to grad school or will he decide to stay at Disney (considering he’s rotten anyway)?

6 Likes

Woodrow’s staying at Disney for the foreseeable future. He accepted full time employment and became a coordinator, which is part of the management track. He rents a room in a condo; got a Florida driver’s license, paid for Florida insurance – heck, he even bought a dash cam because Florida is a hotbed of automobile accidents. He registered to vote.

Now, Disney has a thing where they pay for school for full time CMs, but during the pandemic, most of the schools in the program dropped out. So Woodrow can’t go to graduate school and study biology right now. If that comes back, I’m pretty sure that’s the direction he’ll go. He wants to teach eventually.

But in the meantime, he loves being a coordinator. He loved being a custodian, but being a coordinator calls for so much more … I don’t know what to call it. The tasks are just so much more diverse.

And he’s in Disney World. DAMMIT. I just remembered why I’m so mad at him!!!

14 Likes

Love it! It sounds like a bright future for him either way.

5 Likes

I am also envious!! It doesn’t seem right that he keep messaging you about what he is doing :wink:

5 Likes

Actually, right now I’m really miffed that he isn’t messaging me!!! But yeah, he is an inconsiderate lout. :rofl:

2 Likes

This is definitely a mom thing :wink:

2 Likes

Wow. As if the Magic Kingdom weren’t enough – now he’s stomping all over Epcot and planning grand tours of alien pavilions!

Laws only knows what he’ll find for sustenance. I beg him to eat vegetables! What junk food will he ruin supper with while he waits for his virtual queue spot?!

5 Likes