Envious of my rotten kid who's in the AK today

Well there goes that! She’s only 19! She’ll have to stick to the non alcoholic night blossom.

7 Likes

HA! JUSTICE IS SERVED! He didn’t get an outdoor seat.

He’s warming up with something called Mustang Coffee. Crown Royal is an ingredient… as are brown sugar and … butter???

10 Likes

I’ve tried it. It’s different, but satisfying on a chilly day.

…Which today in FL is most definitely not, I am sure!!

@QwertySC keep an eye out for liner kid while you’re in AK today! :joy:

8 Likes

I thought he was becoming an alcoholic, but then he told me the Happy Macaque is non-alkie.

So he’s not ALL bad. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Annnnnnnd… he’s leaving. I think he spent the most time in Nomad Lounge. He rode EE and went to Rafiki’s Planet Watch, did the Animation Experience, bought a bubble wand, ate lunch, drank a lot, and wrecked his coiffure with the drippy fake plant in Pandora. I know he’ll exit slowly, visiting the otters and the cotton-topped something-or-others on his way out. He donated to the conservation fund while he was in Nomad, so that sorta makes up for how absolutely rotten he is. Sorta. Not really. But whatever. Hmph.

14 Likes

Although we hate him for going when we can’t, he is at least quite bright.

10 Likes

this is one of the more unique trip reports we’ve done. :slight_smile:

…it’s…not even 3PM…

10 Likes

I said – right at the very beginning of this – that he is a BAD KID. I mean. Isn’t that proof right there???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Parting shot:

Flamingo baby. (See? Bad kids take candid pics of unsuspecting chicks!)

15 Likes

This report gave me a good chuckle. I’m sorry you raised such a miscreant.

Also - I’m convinced your son is shapeshifter - but only in a subtle way…because in this TR he only looks vaguely like the photos your posted of him when he got his AK job! :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

Cute! Glad he was able to live on the wild side.

4 Likes

That sounds like a rather amazing day.

4 Likes

This was hilarious! Thanks for the laughs!

4 Likes

After following this thread and his day to this point…I don’t think that word means what you think it means. :grin:

4 Likes

Oh, hello, Inigo Montoya! Did you find the man who killed your father? :smile: :rofl:

Seriously, this was fun to write and post, and y’all have been very nice. I really appreciate it. Woodrow appreciated it, too. I hope he’ll let me post more of his days-off-in-a-park…s.

Part of me still can’t believe he’s working there. I wish I worked there!

10 Likes

Maybe he is a visual learner and would benefit from a diagram inspired by his shirt:

11 Likes

So this is a little off topic, but can anyone tell me about the animation experience which you mentioned? We are going in late July and I was wondering about this for my littles ages 6 and 7.

1 Like

You go to a sort of classroom that is set up in the Planet Watch building. They provide a hard drawing surface, paper with guidelines, and pencil. Then a CM guides you through step by step of drawing a Disney character (characters change throughout the day; we’ve never had the same one twice). It lasts roughly 30 mins in total and is highly regarded by most everyone who has done it. Worth the trip out to Rafiki’s.

10 Likes

My DD9 was skeptical of the drawing aspect at first but ended up really getting into it and loving it. My teens also thought it was a really cool experience.

They did also have crayons and coloring sheets for little ones and offered to bring them to you at any time if you got bored or frustrated. We were just told to raise our hand and a CM would bring them.

I highly recommend it. I am so glad we took the time to do it.

6 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that piece about the crayons/coloring pages for the littles. I forget about that since I just have bigs :smile:

4 Likes