Entertaining Two Toddlers in MK and HS

Just realized something: parades and stage shows are now back in MK, which is worth considering when it comes to noise / nap times and places.

The parades are pretty loud at least if you have napping toddlers.

The stage show is only loud in front of the castle, but it has short fireworks in the end.

There’s a marching band that is pretty loud if you’re up close, it goes through at least Adventureland, not sure of the exact route or schedule.

You can see show schedules for different dates here (the marching band is not here - I don’t know if it’s a regular thing): Magic Kingdom Showtimes - Saturday, April 2, 2022

I didn’t read all the answers, but here’s my take. Toddlers will nap in the stroller whenever they want. That will actually probably be a lot, esp for the1 yr olds. They are also very interested in all sorts of stuff that the adults would never look twice at, and WDW is full of this stuff. Example: in Epcot once we saw some water that was being shot from one arc to another, over and over again. My DDthen3 LOVED it, and played with it for about 30 min. It was delightful to me as an adult too but I probably wouldn’t have stayed around that area without her. These things are everywhere at WDW and so you don’t necessarily have to plan for them. I like that you are already planning to have adults do something while kids (with an adult) do something else. That’s a great idea. I had a group of 6 with 3 adults, 2 older kids, and one toddler / younger kid (3 visits over several yrs). I always planned time when I, as the mom, took my youngest daughter off to do things she’d like to do without the others. She and I had a great time and it wasn’t very harried b/c we were doing stuff that was less popular, like the Epcot Figment ride. But to her it was golden. One thing I loved with little kids was the “off” days when we’d skip the parks and hang out at various resorts, and our pool at ours. Lots of interesting stuff to see without all that stress of trying to get on rides and deal with intense crowds. I usually had 2 table service restaurants planned for lunch and dinner those days, in 2 different resorts—but, this was a priority for me b/c I liked the fancy restaurants. You can have just as good a time doing the food court at a place like AoA.

1 Like

Thank you!

@Kitty_Ellas_Mom Thank you!