Enough time for MK Fireworks

We had a 6pm reservation at CP and didn’t get in for 20 minutes. Then it took 90 minutes to meet all 4 characters. We had long been done with our food and multiple trips to the buffet and dessert. I finally asked how we could meet the last character sooner and they took the kids up to it. CP was my 18 year’s request, and the food was fine, but I don’t think I would do it again. Mainly because of the time spent waiting.

1 Like

Our experience wasn’t as long 4:40 ADR. Seated at 4:53. Saw last character Pooh at 6:04 and left right after. I would certainly budget at least 90 minutes. It was one of our favorite experiences of our trip 2 and 4yo) and DH. We loved the characters and the food actually. DD4 are the chicken drumsticks like a caveman!

1 Like

Ah…Thank you. So no evening parade? Afternoon only at 3PM?

1 Like

Yep. My adult daughters are so disappointed to not be able to share The Electric Parade of the past with their children.

1 Like

Perhaps split up the large party of 12 into smaller & slightly earlier reservations.

1 Like

So far I can only find availability for 2 at a time and that would be a mess checking in.

I just had a 7:40pm BOG reservation and left at 8:55pm without dessert or seeing the Beast, so I would not risk it.

1 Like

No evening parade on non-party nights. The last one was Oct 9, 2016.
There is usually just the one daily parade at 3:00 pm, or at 2:00 pm during the Sept - Dec party season.

On party nights, for MNSSHP and MVMCP, there are special holiday fireworks instead of HEA plus a holiday parade that runs twice during the party.

2 Likes

This is very encouraging (especially knowing they held the table for you) – after discussion with my kids we decided we wanted to meet the Pooh characters so I made a lunch reservation for CP later in our trip. Then I realized it would work better to do dinner there on one of our MK evenings. I just got a 7:40pm ADR on a night with 9pm HEA, and wasn’t sure if it’ll be enough time. I’ll keep checking if I can move it a bit earlier. But being in a relatively good position for fireworks when we walk outside and, if needed, maybe being able to pop out and come back after the fireworks both sound good.

1 Like

I actually watched the fireworks from that spot last night. My friends were happy not to be stuck in the Main St chaos.

I would keep checking on the ADR. A bit earlier would be safer.

2 Likes

I finally used Touring Plans’ ADR finder successfully – we now have a 7:25pm ADR, which feels like the right amount of breathing room. Thanks again for sharing about the fireworks spot.

2 Likes

That should work better. I’m going to try and find a picture of our view so you can decide if that is okay (because it’s off to the side a bit).

2 Likes

This was our view (sorry about the poor quality phone pictures).

2 Likes

That looks good to me. Especially the big gap before any other people! Trees schmees.

2 Likes

I agree! I’ll take it over a mass of people crammed together on Main St. And it’s easy to escape to Adventureland after the fireworks if you want.

2 Likes