End of the night rider switch

Now that I think of it, I always alternate with my wife. So we had two RS one with me and DD6 and another with her and DD6. I wonder if it was possible because the party was different.

That would make sense. It should be that each person should be able to have one at a time. They might not be the same ride for the whole family. But if the child had more than one in their account at the same time (and were able to actually use them), that would be a different story.

I’m so relieved! When I first clicked on this headline, I thought there was a ride called Night Rider Switch and that it was ending! Whew.

Well, it would have been called Knight Rider, but we all make typos.

You evoke a memory. Way back when I was rather young, K.I.T.T. was on display as a kind of “character meet and greet” at Universal Hollywood. You could actually go and sit in the car and have conversation with it. Of course, it was just someone listening in with a microphone and responding through the speaker…but as a kid, it was rather magical.

ETA: I didn’t do it, BTW. But I watched others as they did.

3 Likes

I think this came into my memory because of the SUperbowl ad with KITT in it. That was a pretty fun ad.

Did it call you Michael? :rofl:

1 Like

I remember this! I think I must have been an about 11 and I sat in the car and talked to KITT. All I remember asking him was why he was half hanging over the water (I think the front half of the car was sort of suspended over some water like a pond or something) and he said it made the photos look cool and discouraged kids from climbing on him

Just wanted to add my experience: we could only hold one RS at a time. If we went to make a new RS while still holding the old, they made us choose which one to keep and they dropped the other one. This was 2 weeks ago.

One more experience to add re: RS at closing time. We had FPPs for SM for the last hour of the day. Got there about 10 minutes before closing. I asked for RS and asked if would even work since the first party wouldn’t be done riding until after closing. They said in this case, they’d do an “internal” rider swap, and had us all stand in line together. Then DH waited with baby inside at exit while I rode with DD7 and then switched off with him. We saw another couple with a baby doing the same thing as well.

I can’t speak to how common this is or if they do it on every ride, as it was the only time we tried to do RS close to closing time, but it seems like they do allow it.

3 Likes