End of Feb/Early March Trip -- Pls help :)

Hi everyone,

I’m heading to WDW end of February/early March and need your help! I have been a few times, but it’s my boyfriend’s first time (both in our late 20s). We live in Europe so sadly won’t do a trip again for another 3-4 years most likely :frowning: I love disney and really want him to love it as much as I do so would really appreciate your feedback!

I’m thinking of doing the following:

Wed 2/26 – arrive (staying at the Gran Destino Tower)
Thurs 2/27 – MK Full Day 1 (Disney and Universal Touring Plans)
Fri 2/28 – Universal
Sat 2/29 – Universal
Sun 3/1 – Rest day
Mon 3/2 – AK (Disney and Universal Touring Plans)
Tues 3/3 – MK Day 2 (Magic kingdom Day 2 -- LATEST)
Wed 3/4 – EP (EPCOT -- LATEST)
Thurs 3/5 – HS Full Day (Hollywood Studios Half Day -- LATEST)
Fri 3/6 – HS Afternoon (rope drop again if didn’t get a ROTR BG on thurs; Hollywood Studios Half Day - LATEST)
Sat 3/7 – Leave :frowning:

Notes:

• I already have all of the FPs in the plans (other than a few 9am FP I used to simulate a RD as noted)
  • I really want to do one character meal, any suggestions for two adults?
  • I put relaxed even though we should be able to walk faster than that to avoid stress
  • Any special things I could plan?

Thanks!!

My DH enjoyed 1900 PF. It was his first character meal ever, and I think he was nervous it would be lame. But the variety of characters was fun, and put him at ease. I don’t think he would have felt the same at Akershus or CRT, for example. I think Chef Mickey would be fun for him also, but it gets bad reviews. You can go on YouTube and type in the name of the character meal to get a feel for what it’s like for couples. I just did that for my character breakfast at Crystal Palace because I have never been and will be solo. Watching other people’s videos is awesome.
Edited to add: I don’t think you need to plan anything special. You’ve got a lot packed in, and the parks alone will be special for him. If anything maybe just a nice meal. The restaurant on the water at CSR looks fabulous.

1 Like

Looking at your plan, the Garden Grille at Epcot might be a good idea for a character meal at dinner after all the running around

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check out the videos, great tip! Do you guys think the schedule is too packed as is? Anything you would remove or that seems unrealistic in the TPs!

If your guy is the get up an go type, I think your plan is fine. You built in a rest day, which is great. Others might disagree, but I’m an on the go type Disney guest so I don’t see anything wrong with your plan. are you planning on rope drop and extra magic hours? If so, you’re good. Can always head back to the room if it gets to be too much.

1 Like

I dont personally think the plans are too packed, as long as yall are the type to stay on the move! It may be worth adding a couple of 15 min breaks occasionally for bathroom breaks/shopping/snacks that always seem to pop up, but if you’ve got the walking on relaxed and actually move faster than that it will help some.
Your MK days should be pretty straightforward since you’ve got 2 days and are planning to stay flexible with FPP 4+.
I may rearrange your Epcot morning a tiny bit to go ahead and do Awesome Planet after Soarin, just since you’ll be in the Pavillion already, and there should be no discernible difference that early in the morning for waits at Nemo, Journey. You may need to be prepared to cut one of the items in the morning to get to Spaceship Earth on time too. You’re already planning to use the grace period and that really banks on getting to Awesome Planet and Turtle Talk right before a show starts and not having to wait for the next one.

1 Like

We are planning on using emh and rope dropping so hopefully it’ll be okay. I’m also okay not getting through everything, just want to have an idea of what to do next once we’re at the park to not waste time there. Thanks for the advice!

On MK Day, I suggest doing JC and PotC before your 9-10am FP+ for BTMR. Using a 9am FP+ at the end of your one hour time frame is beneficial so you can use those lower crowd minutes in the stand by lines.

Same suggestion for Epcot, maybe move Soarin FP+ to end of your FP+ window to maximize your early, low crowd time.

Yeah I agree that epcot is a bit too rushed in the morning, thanks for pointing it out! Im going to try to rearrange the fastpasses a bit or just be ready to cut some of the morning rides. I’ll add some breaks too, good idea, although I think putting it in relaxed might create some natural breaks, it’s better to be safe.

1 Like

For AK, if you are still in the park at sundown, maybe plan to go walk through Pandora. Seems like its pretty cool lit up at night.

1 Like

We will be there that week! Looks like we will be in uni, at mk and hs on the same days :smiley:

Such a coincidence, that’s great! We can exchange tips once we are in the parks :smile:

1 Like

I’d suggest Crystal Palace for a character meal. Just something about being in MK. Or maybe the new breakfast at Topolino, it looks super cute.

You will be on Epcot on the opening day of Flower and Garden. Not a bad thing for 2 adults IMO but you’ll see lots of bloggers and YouTubers photographing their food!

The plans look pretty good, yes do a couple things before that 9 am big thunder fast pass. Have fun!!

1 Like

Thanks for the tips!

The opening of the festival wasn’t my first choice, but it was either that or the opening of Mickeys and Minnie’s runaway train so I think the festival won’t be as crazy?

I don’t actually have a 9am FP for BTMM unfortunately… I just put it in the TP to simulate a RD since it was messing up the whole day otherwise.

On your AK day, I would think that if you got there before RD and went straight to Na’vi, it’s not going to be a 36 min wait. I guess you can see how long it takes, but if you are done early, I would consider going up to EE and riding that before using the FP for KS. It’s a lot of walking, but if you could ride EE together instead of single rider later, it would be more fun for you. We love EE and would much rather try to get a couple of rides on that than ride Na’vi. If you went there first, you might be able to ride standby twice, or do the second ride as single rider. Also, I hope you will try for same day FP drops for FoP so you can ride it again. It’s an awesome ride.

Also, Epcot is huge and a full day there is tiring. I would consider going to Epcot in the evening of your rest day and knocking out some of the World Showcase, having dinner and watching Epcot Forever. If you rest most of the day, you should be good to go by late afternoon/evening. If you don’t have any FP for that day yet, maybe you could get some for the late afternoon. If you want to check out the Boardwalk area, which is really nice, you could do that also.

I’d consider adding Early Morning Magic this day. It’s mainly kid rides, but you’d be able to ride Peter Pan’s Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as much as you want up until 9:00 without any crowds. Plus, you’ll get breakfast included and be able to rope drop a major attraction.

I’d consider doing Tusker House for breakfast this day if you’re able to get a reservation. You’ll get to meet Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy.

I’d do one of the Fireworks Dessert Parties on this day. I did the Plaza Garden Fireworks Dessert Party a couple of weeks ago. It was an amazing night.