Enchanted 31st anniversary Disney freebie! (or is it?)

One more photo! DH just sent me his photo of Tink! I pulled mine from a video, his is better :grinning:

10 Likes

I’m so happy you got in, and that it WAS free!

But, I’ll admit, the crowds for the viewing area make me say this is probably a no-go for me. The very reason I DESPISE doing the fireworks is the mass of people. The idea you could pay money to avoid the mass of people appealed to me. But now? Looking at that mass of people? Um…why is this event an up-charge again?

It feels a bit like bait and switch. Disney knows the past experiences, people loved fewer people. Word spreads, and now Disney knows that people THINK there will be lower crowds. They charge more, and then squeeze in the people? Just…wrong.

6 Likes

This is an absolutely perfect pic!

2 Likes

100% and also this:

If I’m paying that kind of money I want some exclusivity to my experience and I better be wow’d by the food.

Though I have to say with extremely few exceptions no dessert at WDW has ever been particularly exceptional to me - most taste like mass-produced blandness and food coloring.

3 Likes

Awesome Tink shot!

2 Likes

Yes this 100%! Having never done this though I’m curious if the crowds were worse because of the addition of “displaced” people. DH mostly tolerates Disney because it makes me so happy but he mentioned a few times last night that he would have been a little pissed off if we had actually paid for this.

It did seem a bit better after people stood up and moved forward a bit. I wasn’t touching any strangers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m glad the back railing advice worked for you. After we did the dessert party on our trip, it is very likely a one-and-done. But it was a special trip for us, and I wanted to give it a try to do what I could for a good view (without waiting for hours).

1 Like

Yes! Thank you for that advice! It did work out great!

2 Likes

I’m glad this worked out for you. Happy anniversary!

2 Likes

We were there with you! Near the front row - orange hat!! Also “displaced.” Thought it was interesting, but not having anything to compare this to - we thought it was fun. Desserts were tasty fuel for the post-fireworks rides

2 Likes