EMM or just stick with EMH

Hi,

I’m planning a trip and would like some advice. We’d like to do EMM at MK and HS on our trip. Planning on two visits to MK and HS, one to AK, and one free day.

I made a simple table with predicted crowd levels and EMM and EMH. Which days would you pick for the EMM and other days? Or would you potentially skip it and just leverage the EMH?

Thanks,

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Park 3/8 3/9 3/10 3/11 3/12 3/13
MK 6 7 9 10 8 7
AK 7 9 10 8 8 6
HS 6 9 8 8 6 6
Early Morning Magic MK HS MK HS HS
Extra Magic Hours HS AK MK

I think it’s a really personal decision that you need to make based on your travel party. For me, EMM would be a really difficult thing for my crew. These events get really great reviews for the access they provide to offered attractions, but it’s a super super early morning in order to arrive at the appointed time. IMO you’d also have to plan your touring around that day carefully, placing an early to bed night the night before and expecting to take a very long midday break or end early that day as well. For me, the price outweighs the negative effect it would take on us as a family so we have not done this to date. Were I traveling solo, it would be a no-brainer to get up and do this.

Thanks for the response. I agree this would need to be carefully planned.

We are planning on taking mid-day breaks almost all of the days. I’m pretty set on doing it if people think it would make sense based on the days we have listed.

OK. I thought you were asking should you do it or just use the regular EMH. I guess I misunderstood.

Since you’re pretty set on doing it, it would seem to make the most sense to do them on the highest CL days it is held for each of those parks. Thus I would:

3/8 MK - we start with MK whenever we can; we find it doesn’t feel quite right otherwise
3/9 HS with a late day start staying through Fantasmic
3/10 MK with EMM, stay til early afternoon and call it quits, resort time, and early bed for
3/11 HS with EMM plans here will have to vary with a CL this high, be prepared for on-the-fly adjustments to plans
3/13 AK - this one almost matters most of all to me as AK always feels crowded even on low days because of narrow pathways and tighter spaces. This is the one park where we definitely choose based on the lowest available CL

If one misses the time slot for fast passes, is the FP lost?

You have a leeway of 10 or 15 minutes after the time of the FP to lose it. But otherwise, yes.

Just for info though, there are no FPs during EMH. They only start at normal park opening time. So during EMM, you could have an FP from 9am onwards. (EMM is 7:45-10, normal park opening will be 9am).

1 Like