EMM and Busses

We have EMM scheduled for both HS and MK on our upcoming trip at the end of April. We will be staying at All Star Music. Will the busses be running in time for us to get there early, or will we need other transportation? We plan to be at MK turnstiles by 7:15 and HS by 6:45. We will have our own vehicle on site, so we do have that option.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’ll need your own transportation - we had to use Minnie Vans to get from Beach Club to MK for our 8am breakfast reservations. We were told that buses start running “about an hour before parks open”.

They should be running. Someone reported this morning the bus arrived at 6.15 but I’m not sure which resort. ETA - it was POR. I’d be prepared to say if a bus doesn’t come by X time, we’ll just drive. Then you don’t feel helpless or wonder what to do.

They say that but it’s not true. Normal buses to get you to pre RD breakfasts begin 6.30-45. Front desk always claim those buses don’t exist but I’ve been on them along with plenty of other people.

1 Like

Do Uber/Lyft & Minnie Vans show up pretty quickly once you request them at Disney Resorts? If we get down to the bus station and wait 10 minutes, give up and request an Uber or Minnie Van, do they usually come pretty quickly? We have a 4 year old so I’d like to use a Minnie Van on our early MK days… can you request it the night before or does it have to be in the moment? I’ve read Minnie’s can be harder to catch.

Buses will start running about one hour before the park opens. That includes EMH. So, if a park’s “normal” opening time is 9 am but EMH starts at 8 am, the buses will run from about 7 am. :slight_smile:

I like this plan. I guess we will get to the bus stop extra early and plan to ditch at a certain time with our own car.

1 Like

Does the same go for boats? I’ll be at WL and figure that is the go to transport to MK

1 Like

Does anyone know the estimated time to MK or HS from the All Star Resorts? This is our first time at these resorts, so need all the help we can get.

Yep, it’s the same for boats. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Slightly off topic: where to the boats park for the night? At one of the hotels or is there a marina somewhere?

During my last 2 trips (Jan 2019 and Feb 2019), Lyft would nearly always arrive in 5 mins or less. The only time I waited longer I knew in advance that my driver was still dropping the previous fare.

Can’t speak to Uber, but Lyft will show you a map of where possible drivers are when you open the app.

1 Like

Yes uber does the same.

1 Like

Uber/Lyft will typically be there in just a few minutes. My experiences have been pretty crazy. They know there’s a buncha money to be made there. I routinely order Ubers as I walk out of my room. I prefer less stress, and they are very reasonable.

OP -
Check the bus wait times, and drive or rideshare accordingly. It’s just way less stressful, and if you’re late to EMM because of a bus - just too expensive to be late when you have other options available to you. If you Uber/Lyft, you also pretty much know you can wake up at X time - and don’t have to build in a buffer for parking or bus waiting (especially for DHS) but you can get dropped off at the contemp for mk, correct? So that’s a 15 min walk.

1 Like

Really? DAMMIT! Those Minnie Vans were not cheap!

In my experience, this kind of depends. Our wait times varied, over the course of four orders, from 2 minutes to 34 minutes (ordered during the fireworks).

1 Like

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

We got to EMM at MK on a bus from ASMo in plenty of time. I was prepared to request a Lyft to the Contemporary or ideally a Minnie Van (although the wait for those can be longer) if the bus wasn’t there by x time. It wasn’t an issue.

1 Like