EMH soft opening begins 9/26

I walk w/ a cane and my family fast-walked ahead to get in a line which I caught up to much later. I think most ppl are accommodating if it’s one person. When it’s a whole group joining one then ppl might give you the stink eye :wink:

3 Likes

That seems perfectly reasonable and definitely what I’d expect.

1 Like

We rode a bus today and basically had a walk on to rise. So, it is plausible that someone from PO resort could get there at prime spot for the ride.

6 Likes

So they were directed round past 50s and then held at a rope by the Theatre. At 8:30am they were then walked to Rise.

Seems like rides won’t start until the 30 mins mark, but you can get a good spot in line by arriving early. Whereas at MK everyone will be entering together and you’ll then need to get through the crowds to the checkpoint. Just like previously.

2 Likes

Now I’ve never made that walk but doesn’t that mean that they were on the move at the magic [frantic] hour of 7 am?

Well, I guess there’s a reason the Genie app will be on your “mobile” phone…

2 Likes

With Disney Transport opening at about 45 minutes before EMH, does that mean that people coming from Poly via monorail will be behind people who drove from more distant resorts?

I don’t know. Doesn’t the resort monorail start earlier anyway? Plus there’s the walking option too.

And just because they are officially saying the buses only start 45 minutes before doesn’t mean they actually do. I think the reality is they start earlier than that.

4 Likes

Reports suggesting that at AK offsite guests were held after the tapstiles but before entering The Oasis.

From the IG, onsite guests were let in and held at Canada going to FW. Reports suggest offsite guests were held outside the park there.

Not clear about DHS and offsite guests yet.

1 Like

I was at HS this morning. We walked to HS from BWV. We were trying to get there by 8:00 but were closer to 8:10. The non- Disney resort crowd was building on the right. There were three Disney operations executives watching the crowd. Some family members had never been on MFSR and that was our priority. When we entered they told us “Rise to the left, everything else to the right”. For MFSR we lined up for TSL. We walked through and we were the second group there. They stopped us. They were “waiting for the crowd”. I think there ended up being 25-35 people there. At 8:46 we were pretty much done. The early entry advantage was being lost. A number of us explained that it was very clear that only Rise guests were entering through the tunnel . The CMs told us no one told them. We had to wait until they got into place but we were in the 2nd MF (3rd group in). We got off at 8:57.

We ended up going to RnR and ToT with no waits after (ToT was delayed but we got lucky and had no wait).

5 Likes

So they didn’t let you into GE until 8:46? That’s not good. :frowning:

3 Likes

Ya, 30 min isn’t much of a lead for anyone or thing. It used to be an hour, right? I think it’s staffing and paying CMs. And/or they are testing out new ways?

2 Likes

They are doing it at every park, every day. That’s different, and presumably to spread out the onsite guests.

I knew that. I agree w/ this new way of being able to spread out onsite guests, but 30 min. isn’t a help if they are going to hold onsite guests during that 30 min ‘early’ entry.

2 Likes

Hopefully that was a one-off and they’ll get it sorted.

The fact that @PrincipalTinker then went to ToT and RNR at 9am (park opening) without any wait - despite a delay - suggests thee is an advantage. 3 rides that were essentially a walk-on. I know crowds are low but even so, that’s pretty good IMO.

4 Likes

I agree. The fab5 or super6 had a better/similar experience at AK this morning.

ETA: They walked to FoP and then did EE, DinoS all fairly early. I noted MDE wait time for FoP after official opening at 45min. I thought not bad if you were off site rope dropping.

3 Likes

Oh, is that in their trip report?

1 Like

yes

The Epic Battles of the Fab 5 Test Monkeys - La Cava Del Chat - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

3 Likes

starts about about post 1414

1 Like

The queue for Rise looped by Muppets. After ToT at 9:47 the posted time for MMRT was 55 minutes. I checked the TP expected time and it was consistent with the posted.

4 Likes

ooooh it’s “hiding” there. No wonder I haven’t seen it.

2 Likes