Emergency: Enablers required

What I’m thinking about now is beefing up the Paris trip. It’s only two nights. I think that was limiting my enthusiasm for it.

7 Likes

Do I get a prize?

2 Likes

pfft.

Your sensibility has no place here.

5 Likes

Dano.

Yeah, that was driving me crazy.

6 Likes

4 Likes

i kind of like this idea, too.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea, 2 nights isn’t long enough.

5 Likes

Do it

1 Like

Here’s the plan. Not all of it is interesting.

I’m currently booked to stay for two nights at Newport Bay, Compass Club (think: YC concierge level). My flights were paid for with COVID vouchers and are neither changeable nor refundable.

I’m thinking I add a third night at the end of the trip and book a one-way flight home, so I only lose the return ticket of my original booking.

To add a third night I either cancel the whole booking and start again, staying all three nights at NPB or (this is the clever part) I book a single night at Hotel New York: The Art of Marvel and do a split stay.

HNY is hugely expensive (£600 for my one night) so I can’t afford a three night stay there. And I’m excited to try Compass Club. So a split stay feels like the best of both worlds. The two hotels are on opposite sides of a rectangular lake, so switching between the two will be very straightforward.

The slight downer of this plan is that the HNY only comes as a package and includes two days of tickets, one day of which I already have from my NPB reservation. So I’m overpaying. But it’s the only way I get to stay there.

Now comes a complication. There are two flights home. One leaves Paris at 4pm, one leaves at 9.15pm. The later flight gets to Manchester too late for me to get home, so I’ll have to stay at the airport, which isn’t cheap. The 4pm flight is fine, but I lose five hours park time on departure day.

If I book the earlier flight my park time is: 4pm to close on arrival day. Two full days. Open (with early entry) on departure day till, say, noon. Crucially, three nights in the parks, so three chances to see the fireworks and drones.

The original plan had me on the later flight, and so included a night at the airport hotel, at a cost of £250. So if I take the earlier flight, I save that £250, which goes some way into reducing the £600 cost of HNY. (Though the new return flight costs about £120.)

Still, adding a night comes out at maybe £500 extra but for that I get another shot at the fireworks, a chance to stay at HNY, and maybe eight extra park hours in total.

5 Likes

That’s a lot of WDW money you are spending to not go to WDW.

4 Likes

There’s no pleasing you bloody people. You all bullied me into going to Paris.

2 Likes

I most certainly did not. I encouraged you to buy plane fare you probably wouldn’t use :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m just here for the enabling.

10 Likes

Still waiting for someone to say “I love that new plan. It sounds great! Get booking.”

You people are useless.

4 Likes

I love that new plan. It sounds great! Get booking.

6 Likes

Dooo it.

4 Likes

See! Was that so hard?

Room booked.

8 Likes

Out of nowhere a button to change my existing flight appeared. It was not there before. The cost to change the day was only £20. So the net cost of adding a day has been about £400. Definitely worth it.

Oh, and I booked a character breakfast for my departure day :grinning:

17 Likes

I can’t wait to hear about HNY! I want to stay there. We are tentatively planning a trip next year, when Avengers campus is done.

3 Likes

And a lot less than a flight to the US would be.

2 Likes