Eating Around the World with Kids at F&W

There seem to be too many delicious things to try at F&W than to saddle ourselves with a pesky lunch reservation! Any tips from those of you who have just cruised around the world with kiddos in strollers? Favorite eats for the little ones?

(our kids will be 5 and 7, so yes, normally too big for a stroller, but not for an EP day when DH and I want to enjoy)

we are doing F & W for the first time this year and have a DD 10 and DS 9 so we will see too…

2 Likes

No advice…I’m going sans kids next month so explore it though. I cannot WAIT!!!

2 Likes

When my son was 8, we still used a stroller for him at Disney. So don’t stress about that. You do what’s best for your family and ignore any critics who say otherwise.

As for good eats, you know your kids best: how adventurous or not they can be. The great thing is that you can still get them the typical kid food if that’s what they prefer and enjoy the kiosks yourself.

There is a Food&Wine app (not disney affiliated) that has all the food and beverages for each kiosk. I suggest downloading it and choosing your wish list.

Weekdays are definitely less crowded. I recommend starting near UK/France/International Gateway if you can. Most people are starting from the “front” so those kiosks are often dead when WS opens.

2 Likes

We took our DDs 5 & 9 to F&W and were pleasantly surprised how much they enjoyed wandering, looking in the shops and trying different dishes. (caveat - my kids by nature are not adventurous eaters)

They liked noodles from China and raviloi from Italy and of course all the deserts from all countries. We went on a Wednesday afternoon and the crowds were not bad at all.

And I’m in my 40s and have wished for a stroller at Epcot before. It’s a big lake :wink:

1 Like

The quick service place in the American Pavilion offers good old fashioned food that kids love, like chicken nuggets, etc!

2 Likes

Great to keep in mind as a back up!

It IS a big lake! We did a stroller last time also (kids were 3 and 5). We are bringing it for one last hurrah on our October trip–it is hanging out in our garage strictly for that purpose!

1 Like

Great tips! Didn’t know about the separate app, I’ll definitely do that. I like the idea of going around the other direction; wonder if my brain can handle doing it that way!

Just as a measure of just how big it is:

Every January, the WDW Marathon finishes by entering EPCOT at England, running counter-clockwise around world showcase, up the center-plaza walkway to MouseGear and Spaceship earth, then a quick jaunt off-stage to the finish line in the parking lot.

Mile marker 25 is at the bridge to France.

Mile marker 26 is just offstage by Spaceship Earth.

EPCOT center is that big.

3 Likes

Yes! I noticed that my TP indicates a 17-minute walk from SE to France! (In fact I am going to take the advice above and move counter-clockwise to make eating at kiosks easier/faster).

And that’s going the short way! :wink:

Marathon goes the long way, on purpose.

1 Like

I visited F&W twice with my sister while her son was still in a stroller. The first year, I think he slept pretty much the whole time, but we found things he enjoyed snacking on both trips. We usually found places to setup for a little while wherever there was an open table or bench (ideally, in the shade) and then one or two folks from our group would go off and bring back food and drinks for the table. It slowed things down, but that wasn’t really a bad thing, since we still had time to sample a lot of Festival offerings, relax, talk, and just enjoy World Showcase.

Also, it gives the adults something to do these days when my nephew is content to spend 30 minutes watching the trains next to the Germany pavilion!

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds like a nice way to do it. We’ll keep an eye out for benches and good stopping points.

1 Like

And at that point, it FEELS so much bigger than even that makes it seem “on paper”. It definitely feels like you’re circumnavigating the earth at that point in the…adventure.

2 Likes

There’s a nice area in England - kind of behind the tea shop. I’m sure someone on here can explain the location better than I - but there are benches and there was a lovely hedge maze that entertained my then 2 YO for about an hour while the adults enjoyed Harps and fish and chips :):grinning:

2 Likes

thanks for asking this question I was just about to post a similar one!

1 Like

Who’s pushing the stroller? You. So you’re the only one who should mind who is in it. Stroller away to your heart’s content @staceyrose55!! Just don’t… like… run anything over with it or anything ok?

3 Likes

The only suggestion I can add is that you will need to do a good balancing act to enjoy the F&W booths with a stroller. The plates are small, not so sturdy and the beverages are in plastic flutes, cups or paper glasses. You really do need both hands! So may I suggest park strollers (preferably in an out of the way table), one parent rushes off to buy/scavenge for you both, eat in peace and run off for a rinse/repeat at another booth. There’s a cute passport that the kids can fill out as they travel the world booths and once filled trade for a keychain or pin or plush or something. That ought to keep them amused while you eat. Have a great time and enjoy!!

Edited to add: they sell the cutest small plastic tray on a lanyard (may have dreamt the lanyard) at the event booths that are sturdy and work very well for a wine glass and two munchies. If you can afford them maybe that’s a good option for you guys?

2 Likes