Easter/Spring Break 2019

As I plan my upcoming trip in June this year and struggle to fit everything in, I find myself saying, “Don’t worry, you can do that next year.”

Well, next year is my 50th birthday and it might be nice to plan a trip that includes that day. Unfortunately I just looked it up and it falls on Easter Monday. Is that likely to be a particularly crowded day? When is Spring Break?

1 Like

Some school systems float their spring break with Good Friday, but most use the 3rd or 4th week of March, or 1st/2nd week of April, based on the grading periods.

Schools in our area always have break around Easter weekend. Easter is later in April next year. In my past experience with Easter in April, that has not lessened the crowds. With that said, we have still enjoyed our trips and we try to be flexible knowing crowds could be an issue. Crowds won’t get you down though. You will be celebrating!

We go to WDW most years for the first week of April. My birthday also falls during this week, so in the past 5 years I have been there for my 40th, 41st, 43rd, and will have my 44th there in just a few weeks. Twice this has been over Easter. Yes, it is busy, but hours are long and Disney tends to staff appropriately, so it has always been great. To tell you the truth, the heat and humidity bothers us far more than the crowds, but we are weather wimps as we live in the Northwest US where the humidity is like 20 percent. I say go for it!

We’re going this year for our kids spring break. We lucked out that it’s later than most school districts, starts a full week after Easter (week of 4/9) When we booked, I just presumed it would be packed, it is what it is. After I started my research, looks like we’ll have CL4-6, fingers crossed…

I think that Len and team alluded to an 18-month crowd calendar coming sometime in March, so hopefully that will be up soon to give you a better idea. They definitely include all the different spring breaks in their calculations. I think a staff member also recently commented somewhere that Easter has become less crowded over the past few years.

The days around Easter - leading up to and immediately following - are some of the busiest of the year. We have been traveling for our kids’ April vacation for the past couple of years, which would fall that week. We are looking at February instead (although that conflicts with my son’s hockey playoff season). We are stumped. But I don’t think I want to be there then.

I am expecting we will be DVC before then and will maybe plan two long weekends instead so as to avoid.

Looking forward to saying Welcome Home! :slight_smile:

1 Like

With Easter being sooo late next year (April 21), do you think that will make crowds slightly less but higher for longer? That probably makes no sense. let me try again: Do you think that Spring Breaks will be staggered for more weeks, leading to CL7-8 for more total weeks (mid-March through end of April) as opposed to this year when Easter is April 1 so almost everyone has spring break mid-March through begin of April so levels are 9-10-10+ for only 3-4 weeks? We were there spring break 2017 mid March and crowds were good (although bus lines were ridiculous). We are looking to plan a trip over spring break next year end of March or take kids out of school end of February and trying to decide what it will look like.

Can I just say that I’m realizing you are going to be coming TWICE in the time before my next potential visit and I live ~2,000 miles closer. Is there a NO FAIR emoji?? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Well, there’s no guarantee I’ll come in 2019. I don’t even know if I can afford it. Plus I did promise my dog we’d celebrate my birthday together. It feels wrong to leave him behind and not invite him to my party.

2 Likes

Hey, if you’re lucky, you won’t have the problem of worrying about what to do with your dog. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :joy::rofl:

My next trip is for my 60th birthday. It is in mid September. Years ago hurricane Floyd caused flooding rain in my town.