Early Theme Park Entry Replaces Extra Magic Hours

Well ok you got me on that one. It’s one of my buttons right now too. Thanks for pushing it :crazy_face:

I bet they will add these (whether paid or unpaid) at some point.

5 Likes

I agree 100%.

PLEASE! Pretty, pretty please!

1 Like

I agree that Disney will most likely add evening hours, but I expect it will be as upcharge events.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the “other participating hotels” might be that will eligible for the early theme park entry?

1 Like

Generally that has been swan, dolphin, the seven DS area resorts (and maybe the 4 seasons and Waldorf ?).

1 Like

Thank you. I have been looking at the Wyndom Bonnet Creek Resort for our next vacation and hoping that it might be included.

We typically stay off-site due to cost and our need to have 3 bedrooms. I am concerned about the loss of being able to rope drop the Disney Parks and how that will affect our touring plans. Although the rest of my group may be relieved!

1 Like

Here are the DS resorts:

ehhh not from my perspective. I had used the night EMHs all the time. Yeah, I know, I’m not typical, but still. The morning ones, I’m with you, I had avoided. But now they’re basically removing the night-time one, and I don’t see them being as hardnosed about not letting people through during the morning, as they were in the past, for only 30 minutes. This sounds like it’s going to be something not really enforced and more just a “benefit on paper” thing. (and I’m basing this on the “letting people onto 7DMT early” thing they do. The rules are a bit more relaxed when people want to get their day started and CMs want to make everyone happy. )

And my biggest take away is PPO breakfasts are no longer a thing, or at the very least have been severely degraded. But if they’re doing this, I don’t see them bringing back the early breakfasts.

I see this almost as bad as the removal of the DME.

4 Likes

This is exactly my concern. It takes away any incentive to enjoy a PPO breakfast. If, they ever do, bring them back. We reserved PPO breakfasts nearly every day during our past trips making sure they were not in parks with EMH or EMM. I also assume that EMM is a thing of the past, and we really enjoyed both the one at MK and at HS.

2 Likes

It was me, thank you! So this new early entry is (in theory) the same that they offer there, right?

1 Like

Here’s how it worked at DLP when I was there in the summer:

Pre-park opening arrivals were directed into queueing lanes. If you were an on-site guest you went into one set of lanes, if you weren’t staying on-property you went into another set of lanes.

At 8.30am exactly they started letting in the on-site guests. Some, but not all, rides were open immediately. Which rides were open was published in advance in a schedule you were given at check-in. Their version of BTM was open, but HM was not, for example. In fact, at MK, Adventureland (featuring POTC) was roped off.

8 Likes

Was Main Street open during this like it is at WDW?

I can see them doing this at HS and AK, where everyone goes through the same gate at the same place, but not sure about epcot (with the 2 entrances) or MK with Main Street open.

I figure they’ll just try and say “only on-site please” and you’re still allowed to meander about(and then slip in with the crowd) I could be wrong though.

No. Once you were in you were free to go anywhere that was open. No checks on eligibility. There was no pre-opening as it were.

Me, pretty close to the front of the line at MK, waiting for 8.30am precisely.

1 Like

Ahhh Europe.

3 Likes

We were big PPO fans until 2015 I think it was. Whenever parks started opening before official opening. Disconcerting to be coming out of breakfast 15 minutes before official park opening expecting an empty park only to see speed walkers streaming to the Castle.

We then went to RD with breakfast at about 10:30. Much quieter, more leisurely breakfast.

This 30 minutes early doesn’t impress. One thing I’ve learned about Disney over the decades is, if you don’t like what’s happening now, just wait a bit . . .

Much like the weather.

4 Likes

Just my opinion - Most hotels have some type of airport shuttle. I can’t imagine WDW hotels leaving all their guests to fend for themselves. If this service is ending, it will likely be replaced with something else and not just a train.

3 Likes

I’m wondering, just conjecture, if they won’t expand Minnie Vans. We had the hardest time getting one when we were there a few years ago. We’d check availability, then switch to Lyft which had an amazing response time.

2 Likes

My understanding is that they’ve scrapped Minnie Vans and they’re not coming back.

4 Likes