Early pregnancy and touring

Hi guys. I am having IVF about one week before we leave and will find out the day we arrive it I am pregnant or not…OMG…kinda nervous if it is negative since I don’t want it to put a damper on our trip. However, if its positive, a will have to stay away from the thrill rides. I know not to ride TT, ToT, RR, the mountains, Dinosaur, etc. I really would like to ride 7DMT since it’s new and it seems very mild. Does not look jumpy in the videos. Thoughts or any advice? Thank you!

I wouldn’t ride anything bumpier/more intense than a car ride- that’s what I went by and what I tell people. If it was me I wouldn’t ride it but most likely it would be ok.

I think I’d really err on the side of caution and not ride a whole lot. I’m sure your medical team can provide you with more detailed guidelines, but there is a whole lot riding on IVF and I wouldn’t want to ever have to wonder “what if I hadn’t…” But, that’s just me. I’m sure no matter what you do, you will have a great time. Good luck and fingers crossed for you…

Thanks very much! I am very nervous but keeping my fingers crossed. I will definitely ask my doctor but wanted to see what you guys thought as well since I have never gone on this ride. I don’t think it is very fast and not as bumpy as BTMRR.

I’m not a good judge of what normal pregnant ppl do…I had issues carrying both of mine from the beginning so I was always on bed rest

I think it is different also due to the trimester that you are in…if I was 5-6 months I don’t think I would even think about it. I would only be 4 weeks

Yes ask your doctor, he would be able to advise you best. Do you have a copy of the unofficial guide to bring with you?

I would think all coasters and simulators are off, as well as spinning rides like the teacups, test track and mission space should probably be restricted. Soaring should be okay though.

Agree. Yes, I have a copy and have read it zillions of times:) I do have two kids already…this would be our third. I have never been to Disney pregnant though. I plan on doing Soarin and avoiding all other thrill rides. Just curious about the 7DMT and maybe Barnstormer?

Well take it with you if there are any questions about a ride, if you have the 2014 version, page 361-363 has some insights, but from someone much further along, but it should help you and your doctor figure out what is okay.

And I forgot to say, I hope you will have good news, best of luck and keep us posted. :smiley:

Thanks so much! I will hopefully have good news to report from Disney:)

I went when I was 8 weeks with my son. I asked my Ob before going and he said since it was so early that I needed to be extra careful. Some thing about having lots of room to move and I could do harm by jolts and bumps. Just be extra careful. I rode anything I could take an infant on but nothing else.

I’ve been with both pregnancies. Given that you’re doing IVF, i would err on the side of caution and not do anything that makes you ask “hmmm?” Also something to think about is, if you were to go on 7DMT and later (God forbide) have a problem, would you always say “what if” or “if only.”

Good luck and best wishes for your third!!!

I’m an OB/gyn nurse and I agree with previous posts. Would recommend you only do what you feel comfortable with. You will be very early at the time of your trip but with the IVF would be more cautious.

1 Like

Both Barnstormer and 7DMT have rough jolts and bumps. They aren’t thrill rides by adult standards, but are very jerky here and there, and I won’t let my tall DS2.9 on them yet – not gonna shake up that little brain yet. Probably no big deal at all, but I am a worry wart, and having had our own fertility journey, I would totally prioritize the IVF and possible pregnancy. Good luck!!

2nd OB RN seconding this.

Thanks everyone! Of course my possible pregnancy is a priority…I will double check with my nurse today but I’m sure she will say the same. Have a great day!

OHHHHH Good luck, can’t wait to hear the results.

Crossing my fingers and toes for you!

@rapunzel33 I hope all is well. Thinking about you, fingers crossed.

Thank you!!! I will keep you posted!