Early Park Entry

The last time I went to WDW (3 years ago) there was Extra Magic Hours in the morning & no park reservations needed. Am wondering how the Early Park 1/2 access works now. Do I have to have a reservation for that park to do the early park access or can I have a reservation for any park, say EPCOT, and participate in early access to either DHS or AK, then head to EPCOT when it opens later in the morning?

The park reservation system is supposed to be in place for another year. So early entry for the park you have a pk res for :wink:

2 Likes

They haven’t released details, but I would assume you’d only be able to do it for the park you have a reservation for. It’s only 30 minutes before opening.

2 Likes

So, isn’t that essentially you get one attraction in before the unwashed masses scale the walls and descend on the park?

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Off-site guests awaiting for the 30 minute Early Entry to run down…

15 Likes

Is that war paint ‘mask’ approved by Disney? :thinking:

1 Like

But, there will be less there during early entry since the washed masses (On-site guests) will be split among all four parks.

So, maybe two rides?

4 Likes

Like your positive thinking! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Maybe if they’re close to each other. :thinking: Splash Mountain and BTMRR maybe?
But I wonder if people doing 7DMT will be in a race to reach anything else afterwards.

1 Like

Well the white patch does look a little like a map of the state…

1 Like

Maybe ride the same thing again?

I could totally see us doing Frozen back-to-back.

1 Like

This is my hypothetical scenario

The current protocol for AK and HS are:
Taps open 60 minutes ahead & Rope drops 30 minutes prior.
I think these times will transfer to the ETPE crowd.

If off-siters cannot tap in until the official time on the nose, the advantage will be more than 30 minutes.

Also, when ETPE starts, I would not be surprised if the rope drops closer to 40 minutes prior. Wait…do we still need ropes? :crazy_face:

I guess we’ll see!

3 Likes

Yeah I guess it’ll depend on whether they go BG with Remy or if it’ll be an Early Entry option, splitting the crowds like the Red Sea at World Showcase.

ETA: now if they opened IG and Remy up for ETPE, I wonder if you could “ride the rat” and then swing over to FEA, even if it was pushing your 30-minutes you might be able to count on GOTG, SE and Soarin’ to soak up a lot of the off-site first wave.

3 Likes

Dd and I will be the guinea pigs at Animal Kingdom on October 1st.

We are staying on property and still need to work out how early we need to get there for the Early Theme Park Entry. At this point I am planning on FOP first.

3 Likes

Hopefully we will know more about how Remy (and rope drop) is working by 10/4 when we visit.

5 Likes

I am very curious as to how they early park entry will actually work. If a park has a 9:00am open with an 8:30am early entry, can you really get in and starting riding rides at 8:00am?

I see it as potentially a 1.5 attraction head start. 1 attraction completed plus getting in line for a second before the masses. Over the course of a 4 day vacation, it could be 6 extra attractions. That has value.

3 Likes

Since I never did morning EMH I don’t know how it worked. But I assume this will work the same way.

In my head I imagine that I would head for Big Thunder, either ride it twice or go to Splash. If I was one of the first through the gate I would think I might even be off the second ride before everyone else gets to the ride after the park officially opens, but at the very least I should be at least well through the queue.

At that point I’d either head for Pirates and JC or the other way to HM. In other words to the second “tier” rides whilst the people who just flooded through the gates try for the headliners.

Or head for 7dmt, then PP and then do the rest of FL whilst the people from park opening are queueing for the headliners.

Of course when Tron opens, heading there to get in line could be the best option to make sure of being able to ride it with minimal wait. The same might apply for FoP, GotG and MMRR, for example, at the other parks.

5 Likes