Early Park Admission Hour

I’m struggling to decide where I want to spend my early park admission. Assuming both parks will be open early in September. I’ve only ever gone when universal had it not IOA. I love spending time in diagon alley with low crowds but I also want to ride Hagrids. I am getting an express pass and want to get everything on my list done by 1 pm ish. Here is the plan.
Gringotts
Diagon alley exploration
Leaky cauldron breakfast
Train
Join virtual line or actual line for Hagrids
Forbidden journey
Hogsmeade
JP River
Kong
(Maybe be called for Hagrids if didn’t ride?)
Train back
MIB
ET
Mummy
Bourne stuntacular
Leave

Is this the best way or is it better to rush to Hagrids to save the most time but sacrifice low crowds in DA?
Thanks

2 Likes

I like your plan but the timing might be difficult, even with EP. If virtual queue is running when you are there, I liked VQ better than rope dropping as a strategy. If you do rope drop Hagrid’s, you need to be right at the front of the pack.

There won’t be low crowds in DA during early hour - it will still feel crowded from the moment it opens (less so than Hogsmeade though). So I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

I mean lower crowds than mid day. Also it is a Monday in September.

1 Like

Pretty sure in September only USF will offer EPA, this is historically what’s happened when HHN is offered.

2 Likes

I had just noticed in late August it looks like it switches. Thanks. That makes the choice easy. My TP stays the same then.

Of course it’s historically that, so keep an eye out things can change!

1 Like

I have had fantastic early hour experiences in DA when it is practically empty. That’s usually the time I choose to do all my spells because there are so few people. Is that not the case anymore? I’ll be sad if that’s a thing of the past.

2 Likes

Yes it was empty for us too last trip.

1 Like

That has been how it is for me too but I always go during the “off season”.

1 Like

To be fair, when I was there in May, the line for Gringotts was short during early entry, some shops like Florian Fortescue had no wait, and there were less crowds than during normal hours. But there were still a ton of people and nothing I would consider “empty” or close to it.

sfl

Did someone flag @Doddfj’s post on purpose? Sfl means “saving for later” - nothing offensive about their post, unless I’m missing something…

1 Like

I’ve restored the post.

SFL doesn’t tend to be used in the forum because you can search a topic and you can bookmark useful posts, but as a first time user @Doddfj wouldn’t have known that.

2 Likes

Guide to bookmarking - click the bookmark under the helpful post you want to save - it will turn blue though unhelpfully I took the pic before clicking it myself.

To see it again, hit your profile in the top right.

Top right again you’ll see the bookmark icon above your notifications.

Click it and you’ll see everything you’ve bookmarked.

4 Likes

Thank you so much all. I didn’t realize the forum was different than the chat boards and that you could save. I’ve never posted so still learning. Thank you for the insight!

I had saved this post because it was so helpful!

3 Likes

No problem! You’re not going to know all the functions till you’ve used it a while.

1 Like

I did, my mod brain took over and a new user posting random letters to me seemed like spam.

Sorry @Doddfj

1 Like

At least the mystery is solved! I was wondering if it was automatic - that’s actually good reasoning.

Lol. Curiosity about the flag led me to google SFL and I was trying to understand the application of the Urban Dictionary definition and how that could warrant a flag. I thought maybe it was a pickup line :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like