Early Morning Magic: Worth It?

do you think it will work doing T&J, then Merida but without FP? We’re doing this on our Epcot day and are leaving MK right after we eat. All my FP will be at Epcot. Not including Cindy in the meets because we will meet her at the castle for breakfast our final morning.

I’d do T&R first and you’ll probably have no wait as the Cindy/Elena combo is the more popular of the two (at least, it was when we were there).

For Merida, you’ll probably be okay, because she’s kind of around the corner of the castle, sandwiched between the Mad Tea Party and the bridge to the Hub, so I’m guessing that she’s going to be even less popular than the Fantasyland princesses. Also, it looks like she doesn’t show up until 15 minutes after park open, so if you can be expedient and get right into T&R and then head straight around the castle to Merida, you should be among the first few to see her and have a clear shot at getting straight out of the park through Main Street, although you may be like a salmon swimming upstream at that point.

–JB

2 Likes

Oops! Forgot you’ll be heading back to the buffet after Merida. Well, same advice applies: I’d do T&R first, then Merida.

–JB

1 Like

So, I realized I never actually posted a full review of the EMM experience. We ended up going on our first day in the park, and it was perfect! We rode 7DMT five times, never waiting more than 5 minutes each time. Now, this was the week after Independence Day, so it was one of the busiest times of the year. We didn’t have the experience that some folks had of not seeing a line at all for 7DMT, but for PP and Pooh we never had a line: both were just walk in and get on. And the “lines” we experienced for 7DMT were maybe waiting two trains at most. Interestingly, the waits for 7DMT got shorter and shorter the longer we were there (as people headed to the buffet or the minor attractions, I imagine).

It also had the happy side effect of getting us into the park and ready to hit the big headliners as soon as the rope dropped. When heading for Space Mountain, the first wave of folks from the Hub rope drop arrived just before we did from Fantasyland, but we were definitely ahead of anyone who wasn’t right at the rope at drop time.

When I wouldn’t do it: if the cost is prohibitive and you plan to spend several (3+) days at MK, you can probably replicate the experience by heading straight to Fantasyland on one of those days and FPing your way onto 7DMT every chance you get the rest of the time. Also, if your kids are older and aren’t going to be thrilled by the prospect of multiple rides in a row on 7DMT, it’s probably not going to be worth it for you, especially if money is tight. And heaven forbid 7DMT is closed! Then it would really be money burned.

If you can afford it, though, do it. It’s a great way to get a bunch of headliners off the list and get a decent breakfast into the bargain. Thanks to all who convinced us to go!

–JB

3 Likes

Thanks for relaying your experience with EMM! We recently bought tickets for EMM for a Tuesday in May after reading many awesome reviews. We can’t wait! I would like to get over to Space Mountain after we have our fill of the 3 rides in Fantasyland, but are we allowed to head over there ahead of the rope drop crowds? I’d like to do standby/rider switch for SM, then head back to Fantasyland for breasfast around 9:30 but if we’re stuck behind the crowds coming from rope drop heading for SM, I would probably opt for FPP later in the day.

are there cast members doing photopass pictures there during this event? would be really cool to get some great pictures while there are no crowds.

We did a photopass picture on Main St the morning we went. I didn’t see any photopass CMs in Fantasyland on our morning. The ride photo was working on 7DMT and we have great photos of all of us sitting in a different row and being the only 4 people on the ride.

2 Likes

tomorrow is my fast pass day for MK. i have the early morning magic as well. so no need to do any FP for 7DMT, PP, or pooh. im in the park at 745, breakfast at about 945 at Pinocchio’s village. what fast passes and at what time should i book my first 3 fast passes? start first fast pass at 10-11 am?

1 Like

We did EMM & loved it!! I would schedule fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Buzz, & Haunted Mansion. Schedule Haunted Mansion first at the end of your breakfast 9:30-10:30, and the next fastpass Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 10:30-11:30. Have fun planning!!

what day is your EMM?

so would you do breakfast at before 9 in order to be on rides without fp at 9? EMM is may 8.

1 Like

Dcshoes, I’d start your FPs as early as possible: 9 AM if that is park open. You’ll grow weary of 7DMT at some point and be ready to zip off to use your first FP before breakfast. That’s what we did and it worked like a charm. This opens up your day-of FPs as soon as possible, which can be very handy for getting through a touring plan!

so what time did you eat? planning on arriving at 730, going on the 3 attractions as long as we can stand it, eating, and then off to the parks. sounds about right though. so book fast pass nearby (so we can eat at pinnochios) what attractions did you book a fp for before eating?

and if i am already in the park, shouldnt i book fp for 10am range due to being able to walk on to most rides at 9 am?

That is what I would do actually. I would plan to head to BTMRR at 9am rope drop and then do HM on the way back to breakfast at around 9:40ish.

And schedule FPs from 10:00 onwards for Space, Buzz and whatever else you want. Speedway perhaps if you’re doing it, Belle, JC …

Or you could plan to head to Space and Buzz at 9am, but I think Space would be the next most popular destination of the other rope droppers after NFL.

2 Likes

Tagging on another question to this same thread…does anyone know if historically EMM has ever been offered for any dates in November?

I thought I had an answer for you, but I looked back and the date we did EMM was Tues. Oct 31, so not quite November.