Early Morning Magic, what next

We are a family of 12 doing EMM this July. Wondering if after we finish attractions at Fantasyland what we should get in line for at rope drop. Space Mountain, Buzz, or other? Can we get 2 of those done before the 10 am close of included breakfast? Where will be waiting
for Tomorrowland to open? Trying to do ADRs and tour planning has been challenging. I am dreading making FPP reservations. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Early Morning Magic is a paid-for event. If you’re doing that, you’ll be restricted to Fantasyland and the rides that are featured for the event. The rides you’ve mentioned here are in Tomorrowland and, unless something has changed, will not be included in your Early Morning Magic event. The rides you’ll have access to are discussed here: Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland

If you are meaning Extra Magic Hour, that’s different. That’s the extra hour in the morning (or hours, in the evening) to which onsite guests are entitled entry into the park that is featuring the extra magic on that day (or evening). Even during this time, not all rides are open. You’ll want to know which ones are so check out this TP page: Early Theme Park Entry at Magic Kingdom

I hope this is helpful to you! Please let us know if you have additional questions!

Thank you so much for your response. I was trying to describe getting from Fantasyland to the other attractions after Rope Drop. Can we get there quick enough to beat the crowd?

1 Like

Ah! OK I definitely did not understand that as your question :slight_smile:

I have not done the event myself but from what I have experienced in Extra Magic Hour (the free one) I imagine you’ll be held at a rope at the entrance to Tomorrowland. You’ll be ahead of the crowd I would suppose, and I do think you could easily get both of the rides you mention done before 10. Though with time to return for breakfast, I’m not sure.

Hopefully someone with more direct knowledge will chime in soon!

2 Likes

Ok, so we just experienced this dilemma. It is a dilemma mostly because, where do you put the breakfast into your schedule? It wastes precious time in that first hour after RD. This is what we did and it worked really well. See my recent report on exactly this…

1. 7:45 - 9:00 am EMM: Do everything in Fantasyland multiple times. That takes care of 7DMT, Peter Pan, Pooh, Under the Sea, teacups, carousel, Small World.

2. 9:00 am: RD another major attraction. (Splash, BTMRR, Space). From Fantasyland, you can line up where Haunted Mansion is. A CM is standing there blocking you until then. Personally, I would not choose BTMRR because that’s where A LOT of people go and you stand a chance of still waiting 20 minutes if you’re not right at the front of the rope. I’d use a FPP for that. Splash is a good RD choice cuz not a lot of people go there first thing, but later in the day the line can be 90 min+.

3. 9:30-10:00 am: Go to the EMM breakfast at Cosmic Rays.

4. 10:00 am: use your 1st FPP for the other main attractions you did not RD. I would actually set your 1st FPP time for 9:30-10:30, 2nd FPP for 10:30-11:30, 3rd FPP for 11:30-12:30. That allows you to go to your first FPP ride around 10, then immediately go to your 2nd FPP ride basically right after your first at 10:30. This also gives you a good chance to finish your first 3 FPP by 11:30 so you can start grabbing and modifying more and more FPP.

Doing this, you could easily get in 15-20 rides by late afternoon.

14 Likes

Thank you exactly what I needed to know.

2 Likes

i just edited it with a link to a trip report I just finished putting it together. I outlined how we did 16 rides doing this, all within 6 hours. That was with a 4 year old, so we weren’t exactly pushing really hard either.

2 Likes

Btw, I just reread your question. I would not waste a RD opportunity or one of your 3 FPP on Buzz. That is an easy 4th+ FPP to get assuming you can start grabbing/modifying before noon.

True story: On a trip earlier this year, we were standing at the exit of Space Mtn looking at the 60 min line for Buzz. I opened up MDE, and with one or two modifying attempts I got a FPP for Buzz for 10 minutes later. I almost felt bad for all the people standing in the standby line :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing this part. This is exactly our plan, but I was going to RD Space Mountain and try to get Buzz right after, unless the line was really long. Good to know I can easily add it on FP if we need to zoom to the end of breakfast.

1 Like

No problem!

Realistically, you can probably RD Space, then shoot over to Buzz, then get back to Cosmic Rays for breakfast with plenty of time to spare. As long as you get there by 10:00 you’ll still be able to eat!

3 Likes

Wondering what time you left Fantasy Land to head to RD space and where you had to line up to get into Tomorrow Land for rope dropping it?

That’s going to be our plan this April – Space, then Buzz, then breakfast. Seemed like a better idea to stay around Tomorrowland since we’ll be doing breakfast there instead of trekking all the way out to Splash/BTMRR and back.