Early Morning Magic VS After Hours

MK After hours is not posted for February yet. Is it generally a for sure thing? I plan to do a ticketed event but now that EMM is scheduled for Thursday I am nervous. Should I wait for after hours to be available? Does EMM fill up quickly? Will I lose that chance if I don’t take it?

I think I would prefer MK after hours.

What advice would you give me?
Thanks so much! You guys are truly awesome!!

I’m in the same boat, going in January. Personally, I’d wait for After Hours dates to be released. I don’t see any reason why they won’t release them soon. I have done both events and I think After Hours is more worth the money.

3 Likes

I’m also waiting for DAH MK for our February trip.
I do think they will release them soon. Hopefully it falls within our dates, if not we will probably do the HEA dessert party. I’m waiting… impatiently!

1 Like

I am also going in January, the last week of the month. No After Hours for our week. Hoping it gets included in the next batch of dates.

I like to hedge my bets. I’d go ahead and schedule EMM, then cancel it if/when I could secure AH.

1 Like

Can you cancel EMM? I believe After Hours is non-refundable. So i’ would assume EMM would be too.

You’re right, you can’t cancel:

The number of Guests admitted to these events is limited. In addition, all reservations are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.

My bad. I thought it was more like a dessert party and you could cancel.

3 Likes

I was going to give the same advice as @kerrilux_625778 and say to book EMM until DAH dates are released but I also didn’t realized you couldn’t cancel EMM.

We went this February (first week) and did DAH at MK and it was awesome. In August we did EMM at MK and IT was awesome too! Lol. I think it probably depends on what’s important to your group as well as the overall group dynamic. Are they collectively late night people or early morning people? While I loved both events I do think EMM was a better bang for your buck as it’s quite a bit less per ticket and two of my kids weren’t able to hang the entire DAH event while everyone was good with the EMM one.

I went back and looked and I was debating purchasing the tickets in September of last year so that means that this time last year February DAH dates had already been released. I noticed they’ve added more AK ones farther out and not done the same with MK. Anyone know why?

3 Likes

You can cancel both, it says you can’t but you can.

2 Likes

What!?!?
Tell me more…

I’ve never booked either, let alone cancelled, so I can’t remember the specifics but it gets asked all the time on chat, and when you book the email confirmation has the cancellation period on it. I want to say it’s a couple of days before the event but since there haven’t been any for a while, there haven’t been any recent questions about it that I can check.

2 Likes

Thanks - I will look into that!

2 Likes

My cancellation says there is a 1 day prior cancellation period

3 Likes

I don’t know about DAH, but you can (or at least could) definitely cancel EMM - I’ve done it with no penalty right before the 24 hour mark. This was October last year, though, so could have changed but I don’t think so. Pretty sure it says you can’t cancel when first pulling it up, but when you go through the steps to purchase the cancellation policy is the same as ADR - 24 hour cancellation.

2 Likes