Early Morning Magic Order of Rides

Just thought I’d update with our experience since we did EMM this morning. It started out kind of disappointing. PP and SDMT were both initially down, PP was up and running after a bit, but SDMT didn’t open until the last 10 minutes. They let us use FP line for SDMT until 11 since it wasn’t really up during the event. So overall it worked, and we had a good time, but I don’t know if it was quite as awesome as it could have been. Because stuff was down there were a little more waits for everything else.

We did:
(Walked to PP to find it was down)
Meet Cinderella & Elena
Carousel
PP
Meet Aurora and Rapunzel (we did the two sets of princesses separately since there were waits and 2/3 kids were anxious to do rides)
WTP
Teacups
Barnstormer
VOLM
We then met Ariel right at 9, then rode SDMT by FP line x2, then breakfast at 0940, then SDMT by FP line again… And then we continued our morning with a couple rides and our fastpasses etc.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Did they say why both were down? No excuse for that starting the day in my opinion.

That definitely sours the experience…and drives up waits for other things. Sorry that was your experience as well.

1 Like

I’m sorry that happened especially when spending so much money but so glad they gave you extra FP time and y’all made the best of it.

1 Like

No (mind you I didn’t ask). I agree, I understand things happen, but from reading things it seems a little more frequent then you’d think it should. Luckily our day at HD today went perfectly so j guess it all evens out (although paying for EMM for 5 people is crazy expensive… So I’m still not 100% cool with it lol )

1 Like

That’s a little extra bonus, I guess.
And although I agree, “things happen” it’s not an inexpensive event and I’d be pretty annoyed. We’re scheduled for EMM in May…I hope this doesn’t happen, but I DO need to prepare myself so I don’t get all funked up and ruin everyone’s mood. lol!

Haha yes - not s comparable replacement, but at least something else! And my son actually said it was his 2nd favourite ride we did that day (behind SDMT haha)

We did EMM (Early Morning Magic) 3 days ago on Feb. 6. Here is our report:

Arrived at MK ticket entrance 7:25AM and got “green EMM” wrist band easily, but NOT ONE person allowed onto Main street until 7:45 AM exactly. It took almost 10 minutes with crowd control pacing (pretty annoying considering the cost per minute for EMM groups) to get to Peter Pan, only to find it was broken with NO estimate of coming up (actually took until 2:35 PM to fix!) We were told we would have unlimited FP until 1:30 PM but I am guessing they extended it. Still by 2:35 we were doing last of FPs and exiting park to rest and get ready for another evening event. So no win on Peter Pan

I am unhappy that Disney CM’s knew PP was down and never told the EMM crowd - dozens of people were diverted once at PP entrance!

Sprinted to 7DMT - got there way behind the other EMMs, took 8 minutes to board
Teacups - only 6 of us on the ride, very fast
Winnie the Pooh - walked right on, did twice I think
Under the Sea - walked right on
7DMT again - now line only 1.5 minutes, lesson learned -delay at least 20 minutes after EMM starts
Rechecked PP at entrance - because no one would tell us if it was up for EMM, but it wasn’t running
Small World (Yes, child REALLY wanted to see it versus carousel, or Meets since we were doing character dinners etc., still very very long ride, no wait)

Sprinted over to Tomorrow Land at 8:58 near speedway to catch official rope drop and ride Space Mountain without FP. Cast members controlled the walk speed of ALL as hundreds tried to rope drop SM. We all complied and walked right to entrance of Space Mountain, to be told “It is down” and don’t know when it will be back up. Again - Come On - they knew for the entire controlled walk to SM that is was already Down and did NOT tell us? However, after 10AM I did stop at Fantasyland “Guest Relations” and explained the Space Mountain strategy loss. They gave us 1 Space Mountain FP for anytime later in the day, which we did use.

After finding Space Mountain down, we sprinted to get in standby line for Buzz Lightyear - about 15-minute wait because other rope drop standbys went there.

Then breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s as part of EMM. Good offerings, a nice break, well serviced.
Then went onto regular FP etc.

Was EMM cost worth it? Hard to say… We did accomplish a tremendous amount of rides between EMM and FP. Would have skipped Small World IF we could have convinced child who was old enough to voice an opinion. We think Disney wasted some valuable time for us by making us wait at the ticket area until 7:45AM and not telling about broken rides until as late as possible. I am only 50/50 on whether we would do this with the next set of grandkids.

2 Likes

I’ve read others tell of rides down with some people have mentioned an extra ride being open (Barnstormer or Dumbo maybe?) Was there anything extra open for your EMM?

Dumbo was definitely not open. I saw no activity going to or from Barnstormer so I am guessing no to that. There were many extra appearances by Peter Pan outside of his ride and hugging a pole saying aloud" I am hugging my ride because it is not working!" LSP

1 Like