Early Morning Magic - FL

Considering the price difference between DAH and EMM for MK, EMM hardly seems worth it unless you’re just in it for the breakfast and SDD!

I agree that without PPF, I’m not sure why anyone would bother with EMM. DAH, by comparison, gives you access to nearly EVERY major ride, not just a few in Fantasyland.

It just seems weird…like these events are after thoughts and they forget people like to PLAN for these things.

2 Likes

If DAH is announced for the same week at MK that i’m there (March 15-22), i’m cancelling EMM and paying for DAH. It seems like a much better deal.

1 Like

Check the cancellation policy before you do anything. I think the EMM tix may be non-refundable.

The policy states there is a 1 day cancellation. So it’s basically the same as dining reservation.

That is good news. At some point in the past, I think it was non-refundable.

Well, it says that before you purchase. But then the actual confirmation email states it’s a 1 day cancellation. I did a quick google search and multiple Disney blog sites are confirming the 1 day policy even though there is a note stating non-refundable. It’s essentially treated as a dining reservation (not a ticket) since it also requires a park ticket to attend.

1 Like

That’s a big loss, I wonder if demand will drop.

I’m only hesitating in booking DAH because it is so late for my 7 year old. But now looking at the price difference between EMM (1 hr) and DAH (3 hrs), even if he made it 1.5 or 2 hours it would still be the same price per hour.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at it that way, comparing the price hourly, especially with the new price.
I was bummed EMM wasn’t on my “planned” day for November, but DAH works the night before. I think that we may go ahead and do it and make it as long as we can- 1am is later than I like.
Oh, and, I have a 7 yr old, but he can outlast me at night. :sleeping:

1 Like

Given the same price per hour, you certainly get a lot more for your money with a DAH event, IMO.

Those items I circled in red make DAH totally worth the expense by comparison. That is, if I wasn’t going to be able to get through everything in MK I wanted through my normal park tickets, etc.

Also note that if someone has an AP, you can get a discount on the admission.

5 Likes

I’ve done 3 DAH (or 2 regular DAH and 1 VAH) so far with my 10 year old. He did ok the first one at HS, we made it 1.5 hours and did every ride there and SDD twice. The second was VAH and it was a disaster. He melted down while we waited in line for our first ride of the night and we had to leave (panic attack over the overlay at Space and overtired just caused endless tears and it wasn’t worth it to make him suffer). We left having not done a single ride. Two days later, HS again and he made it 1.5 hours. The HS ones actually started a half hour earlier and that made a big difference.

We’re doing EMM again in February because it’s more in line with his schedule. Last time, 7DMT was down for part of it, causing higher lines everywhere else and when it opened, a 20 minute wait for that. We only got in one ride on it. I’m hoping it was an anomaly. We had great experiences before that.

2 Likes

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there rock-solid confirmation that PPF is not a part of EMM anymore? The website doesn’t have it as a ride, but there is still language stating “7” rides being offered. Holding out hope!

thanks!

I honestly don’t think anyone will know until closer to the date. Maybe it’s being refurbed again or maybe it was an oversight. If you call Disney and ask the CM isn’t going to know, they are literally ready the same information that you see online, so I wouldn’t trust that either. I’d pay for it even if it doesn’t include PP because my DD8 loves 7DMT. We rode it 5 times on our last trip over several days.

Already bought the tickets. With a DS2 & DS4, splurging for early morning stuff is more attuned to our schedules than evening/night time activities.

1 Like

Phone CMs are saying it’s gone, but as @koolaid says you can’t trust them.

I bet we won’t know until we hear back from posters after they go to the first one in November.

1 Like

Either that or if the website gets updated to say 6 attractions instead of 7.

The whole thing is odd. Saying there are 7 attractions, but only listing 6. Saying there are “twice as many Fantasyland attractions” despite them having apparently ELIMINATED one instead. Calling it “Expanded” in the heading, when in reality it has been reduced. And the breakfast taking place at Cosmic Ray’s, despite this being a “Fantasyland” event.

2 Likes

I remember they changed it to “expanded” last year because there were now seven rides offered as opposed to like 3 the previous year. Still, though!!

1 Like

Peter Pan’s Flight back on the list now. Fingers crossed it remains.

8 Likes