Early Morning FPP Planning

I’m planning out my FPP as my day is coming up next week. I have a general plan of using up 3 fastpasses by noonish so that I can try and get more for the rest of the day and maybe get in some bonus rides that I wasn’t planning on. Is this a good plan or should I focus more on getting 3 FPP spread throughout the day that will save more time overall?

Depends on a lot of factors, honestly. Check out this TP blog post that shows when you can expect FP+ to run out for a particular attraction on any given crowd level day to get a feel for what you might be able to get with a 4th or 5th FP+.

But also ask yourself: are the three early FP+ I’m using saving me any real time? Morning is the best time to ride standby after all, so the savings from FP+ are less there, although still well worth it for the high demand rides.

If you can get those biggies as early FP+, then go for it, and try to get more afterwards. Otherwise, my personal opinion (and other people’s will vary) is that it’s more important to get the headliners locked into FP+, even if that means not getting a 4th FP+ later.

Besides, I’m getting kind of fond of saying that “optimal” isn’t necessary the real goal; rather, it’s having a plan that will allow you to do what you want to, well enough. If the peace of mind of knowing you’ve got 7DMT, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder locked in with FP+ costs you a few minutes of standing in line elsewhere is worth it to you, then why try to optimize further?

1 Like