Early Morning check in is the plan

I am so excited. Starting our road trip from Iowa to Disney tomorrow. We are to arrive Friday at an offsite motel for 2 nights then hit Animal Kingdom for Ropedrop on Sunday. We are checking into Port Orleans Riverside for 13 nights that day as well. Can we go to Port Orleans that morning at 6 am check in, drop our bags off for storage til our room is ready and then take an early morning bus to AK. And if we can, will they deliver our bags to our room when our room number is assigned.

1 Like

You should be able to check in at that time. I don’t know that they will take your bags to your room if you are not there, but as soon as you get to your room, you can call bell services to bring them up.

Have a great trip

4 Likes

I don’t think they’ll deliver your bags automatically, but as @bethro23 said you can call them.

4 Likes

You could also leave your bags in your car and retrieve them when you get back from the parks. That way you don’t have to wait for bell services. That is what we are thinking of doing when we go in March.

4 Likes

even better idea! Unless you have stuff in your luggage that could be damaged by heat. Also you could store with bell services and pick them up yourself

2 Likes

Thanks. That is what I had planned on doing but the heat and warnings of car theft prompted me to look at other options.

1 Like

I had planned on picking them up but then started day dreaming of someone else carrying them up the steps to our requested upper floor room at Alligator Bayou.

1 Like

We had our luggage transferred from ASMo to POR in December. We had to be in the room for the bags to be delivered. It was absolutely worth the tip $ to have them delivered - we were not traveling light.

3 Likes

No need to day dream :slight_smile: they will do it. You will just have to stop by and ask or call from room

4 Likes

They might. When I stayed at Sports and got in super early because I had spent the night at an airport hotel (snowstorm equaled changing to a flight the night before I was scheduled) and also when I had an early morning flight and stayed at AOA, I checked my bags even before I had a room number and they were taken to my room once assigned. And that was at Values - so I would think they would at Moderates.

Just to clarify: I got the text of my room number while at the parks, and my luggage was in my room when I got back. No calling necessary. I just told them I was checking in and did not know my room number yet when I dropped the bags.

1 Like

Whether they deliver to the room automatically seems to vary by resort – at AOA they delivered to my room once the number was assigned - I went back to bell services when I returned from the park about an hour after I got the room text and they told me it was already in the room. Next trip at Old Key West, they wouldn’t deliver to the room until we were in it. So I don’t know what the difference is - seemed weird they’d do it at the value but not at the deluxe/DVC

2 Likes