Early Days

It was from Mouse owners before they shut down the boards. It was $16 a point and so easy. I found someone who had a long history on the boards and recommendations.

This was before hold times were 6 hours long because we both had to be on the phone in order to make it happen. Those points are so easy to use and they are bankable. I hope Mousowners 2.0 has the same exchange boards - I haven’t fully looked into it.

At one point I thought I would just buy transfer points every few years instead of owning more points. I don’t think I will end up doing that, but I may very well buy transfer points if I ever want to stay at a newly built resort that I can’t stay at with my reslae points.

1 Like

One other piece of advice - once you buy, remeber you book a toom with the points you will have available during the stay, not the points you have available when you book. It is a very common mistake.

4 Likes

1st contract AKL 200 pts

2nd contract AKL 100 pts plus 20 incentive bonus for the life of the contract — we went from needing a one bedroom for 5 of us to a 2 bedroom for 7 of us once we realized that our moms were coming every trip

3rd contract RIV 200 pts — two words - couples trips. We found ourselves wanting to go more than once a year. Ok I did. I had a trip per quarter goal, which would be 4x/yr. I’m almost there.

4th contract RIV 250 pts — we outgrew the 2 bedroom. Our kids are now 26, 23 and 18. There is no bed sharing. We either have to get a 2 bedroom plus a studio, or a 3 bedroom.

@cjandres this is how addonitis works :joy:

6 Likes

So you have 770 points total? Did i count that right?

2 Likes

:astonished: I didn’t math yet
I think we have a lot of points :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes. The counting is strong with you. :blush:
We also have a habit of bringing everyone we know with us. We’ve hosted a trip for 20, a trip for 30 and have a trip for 16 next March.

4 Likes

Those are fun. We are already planning a trip of 12+ to Aulani in 2 years

2 Likes

Ooohhh! I would love that! Aulani looks amazing.

1 Like

Dues days must kill you

3 Likes

Truth. It’s like a car payment. As the accountant in the house that actually creates the budget and pays all the bills I’m maxed out. It took a lot of convincing before I agreed to this most recent contract. If DH gets the itch to add on again, we’re selling one we own first.

2 Likes

I just remembered about another website that I use a lot when planning vacations. It eliminates the math when trying to figure out how many points are needed for a particular stay.

1 Like

we have 150 beach club uy Feb. Want to add on okw 200 so we can get a 2 bedroom for 5 days anywhere and visit universal for a few days each year. Right now disney is rofl a ton of okw contracts and we just lost the one we had an offer on

1 Like

Ugh, I hate that! When we bought, we had one ROFR and then our next one went through. Don’t give up hope.

trying again but may switch to Saratoga because could still get OKW at 7 months anyway. Seems Disney really focusing on OKW for rofr

1 Like

Last year it was SSR getting ROFRed! Not sure what’s driving the cycle.

1 Like