Earl the Squirrel

The raptor encounter video has me HOWLING. Highly recommend waiting to meet the adult raptor. While we waited, Bravo was out. There was a brief pause while raptors were changed out and our meet & greet was with “Blue”. Here the instructor is telling us to say “teeth” instead of “cheese” and Blue played along.

8 Likes

We also got to meet SpongeBob & Patrick dressed up in holiday gear! There is a line for the meet and greet outside of the SpongeBob SquarePants store. I recommend getting there early, they do cut off the line at a certain point.

6 Likes

I scored a virtual line for the grinch this morning!!!

9 Likes

Well done! How busy is it at the park??!!??

1 Like

Not sure! We are at breakfast at Portofino right now. Haven’t gone in. But I could definitely notice holiday crowds yesterday. The wait times were wild. We wouldn’t have been able to manage without express pass.

4 Likes

So much has happened, not sure where to begin.

Highly recommend getting a VQ for the grinch. The one-on-one interaction and seeing his lair is very cool. The picture quality is so much better.

We rode a couple Seuss rides after the grinch meet and interacted with some roaming Whos. Played on Me Ship the Olive and saw the Frog Choir holiday show & Triwizard Tournament, even staying for pics.

We had a reservation at 3:30 pm at Hard Rock before our VIP check-in. Food was just fine. I’m glad we ate because you’re really rushed for food during the VIP tour.

The VIP tour was fantastic but made for a long night. We got back to our room right before midnight. Even though my girls were supposed to sleep in yesterday, they woke up before 6 am. They were exhausted. Still up before 8 am because it’s pool day. I really hope they crash tonight.

Attaching some pics

8 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

Great pics!

2 Likes

I’m afraid I’ve had to report this thread.

“Earl” does not rhyme with “Squirrel”. It’s only because idiot Americans can’t pronounce words with double-r in them that makes them think it does. It’s mih-roar, not meer. And skwih-rul, not skwirl.

5 Likes

I love love love this picture. I’m hoping to get many Grinch photos myself.

8 Likes

We also got a picture with Santa on the VIP tour. He had us do reindeer ears!

9 Likes

The picture quality of the virtual queue meet and greet is vastly superior to the VIP tour meet and greet. We have our grinch character breakfast tomorrow morning so I’ll report back on how that goes.

Be on the app to reserve the VQ at around 8:35 and keep hitting refresh to look. Around 8:40 is when the times drop. I recommend trying for a later time— more people try to get the 9 am spot, as soon as it refreshes and shows the times: I chose the 1:20-1:30 pm slot and it captured it. Don’t hesitate to debate the times, just click on one and make it work.

6 Likes

I’ve been practicing. I have an alert for 8:40. When i get to the Grinch meet and greet virtual queue, I get the “non in park error.” I’m hoping it will be quiet when i get there. 9 days til we fly down, 10 days til park time.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely team “mir-rohr” for the item you see your reflection in. “Meer” drives me crazy!

I used to work with a woman that said and typed out “tooken” instead of “taken” and it made me positively stabby.

3 Likes

View from our cabana today.

Also, Portofino Bay’s pool bar has an up charge option for drinks where you get twice the amount of drink served in a plastic bucket you get to keep for a $10 up charge. I may or may not have ordered a peach Bellini cooler to drink while watching the Lions.

6 Likes

You are so one of my people.

5 Likes

So, I think we’re going to upgrade our AP’s to the three park passes before we leave. If I crunched the #’s correctly, it’ll be $410 plus tax to upgrade 3 seasonal & 1 preferred pass. We are coming back in June & doing Volcano Bay, too.

If we were to buy 1 day VB tickets that week, it would run us $310 + tax. So for $100 more for four people, we can go multiple days/mornings. Blockout dates won’t matter since we’re going 6/4-6/11 and the block out kicks in on 6/11.

I am milking these AP’s for all they are worth.

8 Likes

Great plan! We love having APs. We’ve been to UOR twice this year so far on ours and if I wasn’t blocked out, DD and I were going to go next month. I think we will get our third visit in the spring before they expire.

2 Likes