Eagerly waiting

The countdown has begun for our September trip to WDW!! This will be our first trip as a family, first trip for our DD2, and first trip for myself and DH as adults. We are beyond excited!! Well, I am. I have another countdown as well, like 6 or 7 days til I hope are trip reports, crowd updates, etc for how crazy it will be after SWGE opens. I know the crowd calendars will have to be updated, and everyone will have to see how the crowds will be. But I only have like a week to update my touring plans to adjust once reports start coming in. Is anyone else on the edge of their seat to see how bad or overestimated the crowds will be for their upcoming trips?

3 Likes

Yes. We made our plans before we knew SW would be open so early. Thankfully, though, I have about 6 weeks to adjust.

Same here. We actually planned our trip due to historically low crowds, and I wanted to go before SWGE opened.

1 Like

also!! FPP day is this Sat so I will be spending excessive time watching/seeing how it gies!

1 Like

Same situation here, leave in about 3 weeks. So excited to see SWGE.

2 Likes

my fp day is 2 days before swge opens, but I have contingency plans if I hear it’s bonkers. I have a feeling September will still be low key, maybe a slight uptick in crowd levels. not sure what to think about October as it has become more crowded in the last few years over what it used to be

2 Likes

Yep, same and watching!

1 Like

September 8-14 at Disney. I’m feeling confident about my plans. I only wish I had done my fast passes for My 2nd HS day Thursday instead of Friday. Too late to change it because I have SDD and Frozen.

probably hanging on to ultimate thrills…how else would I get to meet you :wink:

1 Like

I told DD21 that Ultimate Thrills depends on how FPP day goes, but truth!!! – even if it goes well we are Doing It!! Expect cranky DD21 at 8:30am after staying to the close of MNSSHP the night before!

1 Like

I might be cranky too. only thing giving me heartburn is DH hates space and I don’t love it or ToT. Hey yall could crash on our sofa at BLT after mnsshp. 10 minute walk :wink:

1 Like

We are also there 9/7 -9/15, and I did the same thing! Second HS day is a Friday, but I wish I had scheduled it as Thursday. Can’t change it because that’s our SDD FP day, and I’m not willing to loose it. Hoping it’s not a madhouse.

1 Like

Yes, eagerly awaiting word! Our trip isn’t until Nov (Jersey week), but it begins the day EEMH ends. I’m worried crowds will be bigger than usual but they won’t extend EEMH or give us longer general hours because the existing extra hours will be so expensive for them. FP day is 8 days away, so at least we’ll have a few days of SWGE info to work with.

I too miss the good old days (even just 7-10 years ago) when October was much less crowded and most rides were walk-on at MNSSHP.

1 Like