DVC Resale Revisited, Really!

I have never really considered buying DVC because I, too, have never been able to make financial sense of it. As someone who goes to WDW mostly solo, and occasionally with my wife (we have no kids) I have no need of a multi-room condo and the amenities that come with it (as I am the primary cook in our family, the last thing I want to do on vacation is cook). I can be perfectly happy staying at a value resort or SOG for a “casual” trip, and if I want to “splurge” I can typically rent points, if I choose my “season” wisely, for around $1000 for a week. And quite frankly, booking a basically non-refundable vacation 7-11 months in advance is stressful for me, because so many “life events” can happen in that window. Also, rapidly approaching 60, I would be mostly dead before I really reached the “break-even” point. I’ve thought about it in the “if I ever win the lottery” category, but even then, I would probably just use the money to book individual vacations - and if I won “really big”, I’d probably just buy a house in Golden Oaks…

I know @BGK sometimes checks in to the daily thread, and he claims that DVC is the curse that keeps on giving and calls it the worst mistake of his life - but the friend from whom I rent points when I stay DVC considers it to be one of the best things she has ever done. There are so many factors to consider - and you certainly have considered them - it really comes down to an individual choice…

2 Likes