Dvc resale offers

I am an accountant and a CPA. But I don’t do taxes :grimacing: (other than my own, which are very simple). My expertise is in general ledger and financial reporting.

Parking is free at DVC resorts for members.

You can pay with rewards and gift cards- or a Disney Chase and earn points.

1 Like

Oh.

DH does ours and we don’t need a CPA because of the DVC thing.

1 Like

Awesome!
I usually don’t drive but when DD gets older it might be a better option.
We rack up a good amount of rewards from the Disney visa so that is good to know!!

I’d research the heck out of it and take my best educated guess. I’d honestly probably start here and at Mouse Owners, looking to see if anyone else had thoughts or resources to point me towards, hop onto google and poke through the internet, and take it from there. I’d try to get as much historical data as possible and understand the context of the historical market, both the timeshare market in general and the DVC market specifically.

I’d probably try to come up with a range of dollars/pt that I felt covered the realistic range of where the price would likely fall and a conservative estimated dollars/pt that I thought was realistically possible to put into the model. The less reliable I felt like my estimate was, the more conservative I’d probably be. I’d also try an estimate of $0 (so saying the resale contract had no value, which we know is incredibly unlikely) in the model to see if that changed which option was better, direct or resale. If it didn’t change things, I probably wouldn’t worry about that input nearly as much.

Since I’m not actually buying DVC I don’t intend to take the time to research this, so I can’t say exactly what I’d find and where it would take me. I’m really detail oriented and it would take me a looooooong time to feel like I had a good grip on the available data. (Hello, my name is (not really) Beth33, and I am a research junkie. :wink:)

5 Likes

I just add the property tax for the DVC to the property tax on my house and that is it. But we’ve never rented out the points.

3 Likes

Now that most of us no longer itemize it doesn’t have any effect on them. Now if you rent points that is a whole other can of worms, but tax software should be able to handle it.

I have a degree in accounting and did my internship in tax and immediately changed to general accounting and never even sat for my CPA. I could not imagine that grind for 50 years!

4 Likes

Like the others have said, Turbo Tax should be ok – if you itemize you only want to take the property tax portion on schedule A (the R&M portion of the dues are not deductible), plus mortgage interest if you financed. If you rent your points out it can get ugly – calculating pro rata portions of the expense to allocate to the rental vs schedule A. DM me if you have any questions. I’m happy to help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha, thought that would describe most Liners in general :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Omg so I was approved for a loan tonight (I didn’t think I’d have any problem getting approved) and came upon and OKW contract for 160 points and put in an offer. I did put it in for a little less than asking. Now I’m second guessing everything!! Did I make the right choice (time will tell)? Will this be a financial burden (maybe a little at first but no more than a car loan), did I offer too little (I guess we will find out).
I’m putting this one out to the person running the universe, we will let fate decide on what’s going to happen next. I’m cautiously excited to begin my DVc journey !

9 Likes

Congrats and good luck! If it doesn’t go through, oh well! At least you have plenty more time to put in more offers.

2 Likes

How exciting!!! :grinning: :tada:

Good luck with your offer :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

All of these are me
:rofl:

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Good afternoon!
We heard back and the seller countered our offer to meet in the middle. Although I requested to split 2021 fees they did not want to do that. Oh well, I kinda knew it was a long shot asking, since they haven’t used the points.
Nevertheless, we decided to accept their counter!
Now just waiting for the dreaded ROFR from Disney :roll_eyes: to go through, and I’m cautiously optimistic that we will be enjoying a vacation at OKW next year!!!

16 Likes

Congratulations! I’m sure the ROFR will be fine.

1 Like

Congratulations ! I hope ROFR goes fast!

1 Like

Thank God someone said it. I think if I read “time value of money” or “opportunity cost” one more time I was going to throw my computor machine across the room.

4 Likes

Just bumping this post to see if any DVC members can see whats available for OKW aug 16-19? thanks!

1 Like

I tried studios, 1 and 2 bedrooms

2 Likes