DVC Rentals

I’m looking at using DVC Rentals or Daves DVC Rentals, to try stay in a Delux resort. Does anyone have any experience with them. Good and Bad as well as good and bad advantages on renting DVC points. I understand it is safer to go with a broker, but is it without risk? Thanks for any help I can get.

Check out http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/09/01/tips-renting-disney-vacation-club-points/ - it covers pretty much everything you need to know about renting DVC points, including the pros and cons of using a Broker versus renting direct. In the Comments section people have posted about their experiences with specific Brokers.

I used DVC Rental Store for my upcoming trip in Sept of this year. No problems getting the reservation or adding it to MDE. Advantage to DVC Rental Store is you don’t have to pay for the whole stay all at once. A down payment and then balance due at 45 days out. Staying at AKL and can’t wait. The only risk is if you should have to cancel. Can’t get much, if any refund depending on how far out you cancel. They will sell you “insurance” that will provide you with a refund if you want to do that. Renting points cost about the same as a stay at a moderate resort would have for the same number of days and time period. Hope this helps. Of course haven’t stayed yet so can’t vouch for how it works when you get there, but tons of good reviews for them.

Thanks for the help. I’m also looking at AKL and Contemporary. My kids will be 9, 7 and 5. I’m thinking AKL first for the animals then Contemporary for when the kids are older and ease of transportation.

I used DVC Rental Store and they were beyond amazing. I honestly can’t say enough good things about them and I don’t think I will ever go to WDW again without booking through them.

1 Like